Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by aerolor View Post
But Many Tears are not a charity Velvetboxers. They have deliberately chosen not to operate as a charity. Their rationale for this decision is (or was) on their website.
Does it really matter if they do a good job and are quite open about their status?
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 03:32 PM
I think the ex breeding bitches Many Tears gets are just the tip of the iceberg anyway .
Some of these puppy farms eg one in Southern Ireland have hundreds of breeding bitches, they get rid of the ones they kill somewhere
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 03:59 PM
In response to Brierley's post

Many Tears is actually a v.a.t. registered company, but people frequently do think they are a charity. They canvas for funds/support, organise fund raising events and people give their time and effort to them by being fosterers, fund raisers, etc., just like a charity would be supported and operate.
I agree, Brierley, that Many Tears are quite open about their status and they advertise as a not for profit organisation. However, their other business which is run for profit is intertwined with Many Tears business and the two organisations share resources (as mentioned on their website). - I think this is why I believe it does matter, especially when the public are asked to contribute time, effort and money to Many Tears. - Things can easily get "fudged" and misunderstandings may occur when resources/assets seem to be shared. I think it may be a bit naive and wonder if they leave themselves open to being challenged by some.
My own brief experience with Many Tears was not a positive one and I was left with some uncertainty and doubt.
ljru1970
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Yes it is easier---do you really think they'd stop if they couldn't do that?

IMO they would find other ways of getting rid of the dogs. Look at how long the greyhound bloke got away with shooting them and dumping them.

Are you saying those ex breeding dogs don't deserve the chance of a life?

No buts or ifs or maybe's here---either they do or they don't.

I think they do.

rune
I agree, I don't think it makes a jot of a difference whether MT takes P/F's dogs or not. The P/F's will carry on regardless and as many have said use other methods of disposal. I abhor P/F's and would never dream of getting a dog from them or from any associated down the line businesses. But personally don't feel that supporting MT supports P/F's in anyway.

Stricter legislation is needed to make it impossible for these people, and who are the people that buy these pups? Mis informed dog lovers?
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 04:38 PM
But Many Tears are not a charity Velvetboxers. They have deliberately chosen not to operate as a charity. Their rationale for this decision is (or was) on their website.
I don't care if they are a charity or not. They do a good job.

rune
ljru1970
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-04-2012, 04:44 PM
In response to Brierley's post

Many Tears is actually a v.a.t. registered company, but people frequently do think they are a charity. They canvas for funds/support, organise fund raising events and people give their time and effort to them by being fosterers, fund raisers, etc., just like a charity would be supported and operate.
I agree, Brierley, that Many Tears are quite open about their status and they advertise as a not for profit organisation. However, their other business which is run for profit is intertwined with Many Tears business and the two organisations share resources (as mentioned on their website). - I think this is why I believe it does matter, especially when the public are asked to contribute time, effort and money to Many Tears. - Things can easily get "fudged" and misunderstandings may occur when resources/assets seem to be shared. I think it may be a bit naive and wonder if they leave themselves open to being challenged by some.
My own brief experience with Many Tears was not a positive one and I was left with some uncertainty and doubt.
I thought that was there rationale for not going for charitable status? That their own business was cose in proximity and if they were a charity they couldn't 'borrow the tumble dryer'.

Shame you didn't have a good experience . I was hoping to get my next dog from them.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
I don't care if they are a charity or not. They do a good job.

rune
I agree and I know for certain know they will not home to just anyone, they would rather hang on for the right home. They do home checks too......... more than some rescues/pounds do
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by ljru1970 View Post
I thought that was there rationale for not going for charitable status? That their own business was cose in proximity and if they were a charity they couldn't 'borrow the tumble dryer'.

Shame you didn't have a good experience . I was hoping to get my next dog from them.
Please don't let me put you off from adopting a dog from Many Tears. They have a lot of dogs needing good homes.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by ljru1970 View Post

Hope you do there are alot waiting for a loving home
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
I agree and I know for certain know they will not home to just anyone, they would rather hang on for the right home. They do home checks too......... more than some rescues/pounds do
Home checks are done, I know - I had one by the person who was fostering a dog I was interested in. The problem I had wasn't that I was not suitable for adopting a dog. There was a problem with the adoption questions I needed to have answers to in my case.
Page 4 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »