Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-01-2012, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
You may not think it, but the truth is you do not know it. Not bailing out PFs would be a good place to start by making life harder for them with an aim to trying to shut them down. Shutting them down would prevent suffering full stop, as opposed to "rescuing" several dogs every week giving them a nice easy way to continue the suffering by creating space in their kennels for new breeding bitches.
True I do not know it but then neither do you. As said, I don't think by not rescuing the dogs it will make life harder for them. They clearly do not care for the dogs welfare, it wont be hard to kill them if you have no emotional connection to them.

The only way to stop them is to take away their profits, i.e stop people buying from them. However, we both know that that isn't likely to happen.

I do see what you are saying though, I just can't see it making much of a difference if any. There is also the risk of a lot more dogs suffering for no good reason when the breeding carries on.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2012, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
when one was found out here they moved on (without the dogs) before they could be caught, loads of dogs found in containers (as in shipment containers/the ones you see at shipyards), dead dogs, diseased dogs, injured dogs, lack of ventilation, food water.....they couldn't give a damn. So I'm not sure that its as simple as just not taking their dogs pups, there really is no black and white easy answer. As DG says, they just dont care about their (dogs) fate. They are only interested in money. Cheaper to dump them and move on than to be caught it seems. I don't think this is unusual either.

Apparently they had started by taking on 'free to good home' dogs, no idea if thats true, but I think it is likley. If they need the next in breed to breed from, they wont waste money buying a pup like others....

PF's life is no harder if no-one takes on their old stock, they just kill them, abandon them..
But again, this is an assumption is it not? Surely killing them/abandoning them is a much simpler/easier option full stop, so why go to the bother of rehoming them at all??? If they choose to rehome them then it stands to reason they're not completely cold hearted....
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2012, 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by dog_geek View Post
True I do not know it but then neither do you. As said, I don't think by not rescuing the dogs it will make life harder for them. They clearly do not care for the dogs welfare, it wont be hard to kill them if you have no emotional connection to them.

The only way to stop them is to take away their profits, i.e stop people buying from them. However, we both know that that isn't likely to happen.

I do see what you are saying though, I just can't see it making much of a difference if any. There is also the risk of a lot more dogs suffering for no good reason when the breeding carries on.
No I don't know for certain, but I'm not the one making out right assumptions. Like I said previously people assume there is no emotional connection, yet they choose to go to the trouble of rehoming their unwanted animals when it would be a damn sight easier just to dispatch them there and then.

I really do think if the easy option to rehome wasn't there a lot of PFs wouldn't exist. The whole "they'd only kill them if we didn't rehome them" rubbish is often portrayed by those who make money by rehoming them eg MT. At this point I very much believe what Azz has been saying all along, but it never occurred to me until now.
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-01-2012, 11:17 PM
But again, this is an assumption is it not? Surely killing them/abandoning them is a much simpler/easier option full stop, so why go to the bother of rehoming them at all??? If they choose to rehome them then it stands to reason they're not completely cold hearted....
Do MT approach these PF or do the PF go to them?

If PF know that many tears will take their dogs then it makes better business sense to give their dogs to them. Time is money and gives them a good reputation to unsuspecting buyers who know nothing of PF and buy from them.

Better to have a rep of giving dogs away to find a good new home then 'dispose' of them.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2012, 11:19 PM
Do MT approach these PF or do the PF go to them?

If PF know that many tears will take their dogs then it makes better business sense to give their dogs to them. Time is money and gives them a good reputation to unsuspecting buyers who know nothing of PF and buy from them.

Better to have a rep of giving dogs away to find a good new home then 'dispose' of them.
I'm sorry but that's utter rubbish. As if a PF would advertise that they don't kill unwanted stock to gain a better reputation. You're clutching at straws now!

It would be a damn sight cheaper and quicker just to kill the animals they don't want. End of.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2012, 11:27 PM
No I don't know for certain, but I'm not the one making out right assumptions. Like I said previously people assume there is no emotional connection, yet they choose to go to the trouble of rehoming their unwanted animals when it would be a damn sight easier just to dispatch them there and then.

I really do think if the easy option to rehome wasn't there a lot of PFs wouldn't exist. The whole "they'd only kill them if we didn't rehome them" rubbish is often portrayed by those who make money by rehoming them eg MT. At this point I very much believe what Azz has been saying all along, but it never occurred to me until now.
Totally agree.

IMO, I dont know how much of an effect not taking there dogs has, but taking their dogs must def be of help to them.it certainly won't help to shut them down. ESP as MT don't report them, even when cruelty/neglect is obvious.
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-01-2012, 11:28 PM
I'm sorry but that's utter rubbish. As if a PF would advertise that they don't kill unwanted stock to gain a better reputation. You're clutching at straws now!

It would be a damn sight cheaper and quicker just to kill the animals they don't want. End of.
I dont really think theres a need to be like that. I never said they would advertise it, that was your assumption! There is such a thing as word of mouth.

I'm not commenting to win an argument. And if MT approach them to take dogs, that makes it quicker and easier then disposing of the dogs themselves.
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-01-2012, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post
Totally agree.

IMO, I dont know how much of an effect not taking there dogs has, but taking their dogs must def be of help to them.it certainly won't help to shut them down. ESP as MT don't report them, even when cruelty/neglect is obvious.
I agree that it does help them but I also don't think by not taking them it would shut them down. I also don't really understand why MT don't report these places.

However, we can all sit here and judge but if none of us are out there actively getting involved to stop PF how can we judge? Just a thought.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2012, 11:35 PM
I dont really think theres a need to be like that. I never said they would advertise it, that was your assumption! There is such a thing as word of mouth.

I'm not commenting to win an argument. And if MT approach them to take dogs, that makes it quicker and easier then disposing of the dogs themselves.
I didn't mean to be "like that", but the idea that PFs would use the rehoming of their stock, as opposed to the killing of their stock, as a marketing ploy is ridiculous. PFs do everything they can to avoid looking like a PF, otherwise they'd never sell any animals.

Re your last point: Exactly, so if "charities" like MT didn't offer to take their dogs life would be more difficult resulting in less PFs.

As much as businesses like MT try to pretend they're saving dogs, what they're actually doing is ensuring to continue the suffering of many more dogs for many years to come. It's got to stop IMO and the first step is to stop all the "rescuing".
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2012, 12:09 AM
I bet Wiccaways would like even half the income MTs has
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >