Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chez33
New Member!
Female 

06-07-2005, 07:21 PM

english bull help

quite a good tip for english bull owners,if they ont know already. a great trick to help learn them to not do things isa water pistol as they are not keen on water,this works well when told not to do something a ouple of squirks and they tend to get the message ,you only need to show them the water gun and they knownot to do it .
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2005, 07:30 PM
great tip chez,, you can uses this method on most dogs and also cats, very easy and very affective

kimberley x xx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-07-2005, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by chez33
quite a good tip for english bull owners,if they ont know already. a great trick to help learn them to not do things isa water pistol as they are not keen on water,this works well when told not to do something a ouple of squirks and they tend to get the message ,you only need to show them the water gun and they knownot to do it .
Hi Chez, welcome to Dogweb, why not come to 'introductions' section and tell us a little bit about youself?

When you say ' learn them not to do things' what 'things' do you mean? Do you mean use a water pistol every time a dog does something you do not want then to do?
I hope you will not mind if I say I do not think the frequent use of water pistols on dogs is a good idea , you see I think in most instances you are training the dog to be afraid of the water pistol so it stops what it is doing , you are not correcting the wrong behaviour..what happens if you are in another place without the water pistol and the dog exhibits the wrong behaviour? Better to teach the correct behavior. Just my opinion.
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2005, 08:27 PM
yes i didn have that posted earlier in my training tips but had to remove them .. nice one welcome to dw ..
chez33
New Member!
Female 

06-07-2005, 09:03 PM
well i mean such things as chewing my english is not afraid of the water pistol at all.i have only had to use it twice and was not even directed at my dogatan item of footwear,and he has not done it again,i do teach them correct behaviourbviously but english can be very stubborn,thanks for your opinion though