View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ravenwood
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-02-2011, 10:25 PM
This is going to be terribly controversial and I am prepared to be shot down in flames .... but......

Do you ever wonder that due to the fact that there has been a profusion of rescue homes in the last twenty years that it has given a "get out clause" to people/breeders who have got tired of their dog?

It wasn't that long ago that there were not the rescue homes and shelters available and I wonder if it made people more responsible for their own dogs, not having the easy option of dumping it at a home?

I find these types of breeders despicable but fortunately for them, as soon as the bitch is beyond breeding capacity they can simply hand it over to a rescue centre, negate any responsibility and carry on with the next generation of younger bitches.

In that vein, do you think that these rescue homes (who obviously think they are doing good at the time) are in actual fact encouraging the breeding programme by offering to rehome the worn out breeding dogs?

Actually - I think I will start a new post with that so it doesn't detract from the dogs in question.
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

11-02-2011, 10:30 PM
I can see what you mean, but some don't they just pts the bitch when she isn't useful anymore.

Same with owners of dogs.

Adam
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
I can see what you mean, but some don't they just pts the bitch when she isn't useful anymore.
Same with owners of dogs.

Adam
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2011, 08:17 AM
Whoever it is, they should be ashamed of themselves.

It would be "less obvious" to rehome cast off's elsewhere, rather than your own "rescue" kennels.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2011, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by Cheyenne View Post
Tbh im not convinced its her, for one she has her own rescue kennel so has the chance to get rid without advertising, and its a long way to send her cast off's to wales which of course will cost her a lot of time and ££ to do so.
I thought many tears did fostering?
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2011, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Why does it shock you?
Numerous reasons. This was always one of the 'better' kennels for breeding these dogs.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
Numerous reasons. This was always one of the 'better' kennels for breeding these dogs.
Well now you know how "good" the better ones really are Nes. Heart breaking isnt it.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2011, 01:04 PM
I am under no illusions Dawn. I know that those considered the Best are average when compared to other 'breed' breeders. I am heartbroken ref these dogs as to the state they are in. I watched part of the slide show the other night. Very saddening, how thin the red male in particular looked. Very, very sad and I really hope and pray they go to decent homes.
SCOTTY0210
New Member!
Male 

13-02-2011, 02:02 PM
its not right all this lets just chuck the dogs away the rescue centre can have them i no the rescue centres are getting over crowded but i remember not so many years ago 40 about i heard a lot of dumping and putting pups in bags dogs left tied up on side of roads so rescue centres help in that seance but when you look at your dogs look at them looking at you there eyes etc how could any one not love them and just use them then throw them away and be cruel to them what happened to a dog is for life
jan@pembs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-02-2011, 03:34 PM
Please have a look at the dogs now suprising what a weeks TLC will do
Page 6 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »