Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2009, 03:05 PM

Am of to Wales

I am driving to Wales tomorrow to get some ex breeders who are my total favourite, at the minute is yorkies and cockers but who knows whats coming back as will pop into the pound as well.

Wish me luck be prepared for pic overload tomorrow
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2009, 03:12 PM
good luck, are you picking them up from breeders or rescue kennels?

Have you started your own rescue kc, or do you work for one?
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2009, 03:30 PM
No I work for one and they are from the breeders.
I worked for them a few years back had a years break now gone back full time, so. have no life anymore LOL
The ex breeders are my fave rescue I just love them
Also got 6 rot pups in the breeder died, and we are taking Mum

Pups are very young
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2009, 04:02 PM
awe, how sad the breeder died,

rottie pups are soooooooo cute,. best of luck with them..keep us posted eh?
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Yes luckily I have a foster home for Mum and pups so wont be having them run riot here LOL
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
I am driving to Wales tomorrow to get some ex breeders who are my total favourite, at the minute is yorkies and cockers but who knows whats coming back as will pop into the pound as well.
Hi Kcjacks I hope you don't mind if I say somthing about a matter which concerns me greatly. Do you know why they are called ex breeders, are they past their best as far as breeding is concerned

While is is a noble gesture to give these poor little dogs a loving home saving them from heaven knows what fate, it does however pose the question do other dogs take their place to become 'ex breeders' in their own right. What about the puppies being produced by the breeder dogs before they become ex's, where are they destined for.
If people need to be passing dogs off as ex breeders they shouldn't be breeding at all.

Whoever accepts these ex breeders must know where they have come from, surely evidence should be gathered to close the people who create them down. Why don't the rescues who accept these dogs go to the press and make a big fuss.

Although my heart would want me to take these dogs, my head would tell me not to because I might be helping to perpetuate a chain of misery
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2009, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
, it does however pose the question do other dogs take their place to become 'ex breeders' in their own right. What about the puppies being produced by the breeder dogs before they become ex's, where are they destined for.

This is my concern also - and a concern i have with a certain rescue centre who certainly do a wonderful job but by taking in the no longer neededs of the puppy farmers, are tehy not just making it very easy for them to house new, more profitable breeding machines and allowing the "breeders" to shirk any responsibility ...

Puppies look adorable I want one lOL
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Muddiwarx View Post
This is my concern also - and a concern i have with a certain rescue centre who certainly do a wonderful job but by taking in the no longer neededs of the puppy farmers, are tehy not just making it very easy for them to house new, more profitable breeding machines and allowing the "breeders" to shirk any responsibility ...
I think the whole issue of ex breeding dogs needs looking into with a view to stopping the practise of disposing of large numbers of dogs once they are past their breeding best. The practise is of course linked to puppy farming.
A nice story here for some investigative journalist if any happen to be reading this .
Maybe visiting the rescues and with their help discreetly compiling a list of where they obtain their ex breeding stock would be a good start.
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-02-2009, 06:02 PM
Good luck in Wales. I hope you find wonderful loving homes for those doglets. I can't imagine what they've been through but I have seen pictures of some ex-breeders and the look in their eyes is heartbreaking.

What I don't understand is why these puppyfarm type places can't be shut down? I mean, is it really that hard to do? It's incredibly sad.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

10-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post

Good luck with the pups and whatever else comes in looking forward to the pics
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »