Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
You need to come down of your high horse. THIS kind of comment makes you look like you think you are better than everyone else. My estimations of you have gone right down for that.

There are alot of us out there volunteering, caring, or even WORKING for rescue centres. It's just that we don't feel the need to brag and make out that we are better than everyone else.

Really dumb thing to say!
Ok Pidge getting a bit fed up of your expertise quite frankly.
You were giving your dog as a xmas present so not what I would call ideal circumstances and you clearly have a breed you are struggling to control so quite frankly where I am in your estimations doesnt really concern me.

But when I am out there giving 24/7 to a rescue and trust me longer hours than a full time job I will get on my blimmin high horse when I feel people are making out rescues always have issues and going to attack your family and dogs. As it narks me beyond belief people who have no idea come on sites gobbing of about something they know diddly about.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 01:32 PM
im just reading through rambles other thread, so Im seeing this from two sides now, I think as I said, a trial shouldnt be ruled out,

but I dont really think Ramble has asked for a trial, more of a home meeting, nothing wrong in that is there!

kcjack... some of us lesser people who have quoted on this thread.... take the dogs the rescues cant cope with! where does that put us....
assuming the comments about people sittion on the web having a view were aimed at all of us?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I agree, letting rescues out willy nilly on foster periods could throw up massive problems and I don't think it should necessarily be a 'done' thing for a rescue...BUT each case should be decided on its own merits..so I wanted to see for myself. I am responsible and experienced and I suspect despite the policy the rescue would have allowed it as they know me...
It is about assessing each case on its own...treating each dog and potential adopter as individuals.
jeeesus Ramble...you are so reasonable! Yes, agreed - the exception does prove the rule though
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
Ok Pidge getting a bit fed up of your expertise quite frankly.
You were giving your dog as a xmas present so not what I would call ideal circumstances and you clearly have a breed you are struggling to control so quite frankly where I am in your estimations doesnt really concern me.

But when I am out there giving 24/7 to a rescue and trust me longer hours than a full time job I will get on my blimmin high horse when I feel people are making out rescues always have issues and going to attack your family and dogs. As it narks me beyond belief people who have no idea come on sites gobbing of about something they know diddly about.
Interesting KCJack that you still feel you can pass judgement and comment on something you know diddly squat about, like how much time and effort needs to be put into training an assistance dog pup compared to a pet huh?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
jeeesus Ramble...you are so reasonable! Yes, agreed - the exception does prove the rule though
Thankyou muchly.
You have no idea how much I appreciate that comment x
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
im just reading through rambles other thread, so Im seeing this from two sides now, I think as I said, a trial shouldnt be ruled out,

but I dont really think Ramble has asked for a trial, more of a home meeting, nothing wrong in that is there!

kcjack... some of us lesser people who have quoted on this thread.... take the dogs the rescues cant cope with! where does that put us....
assuming the comments about people sittion on the web having a view were aimed at all of us?
Yep...perhaps I shouldn't have used the term trial as perhaps it gave the wrong impression.
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 01:37 PM

That makes you angels
My comment are aimed at people who have made comments "you can never trust a rescue" "never trust them with my kids" ect ect. We get the odd rescue with issues but they are a minority and its hard enough persuading people rescues are great without people considering it reading certain threads and being put of.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Yep...perhaps I shouldn't have used the term trial as perhaps it gave the wrong impression.

I think people can get to hung up on a word on forums, from what I see, you just wanted to make sure all was well, its more like a day out for the rescue dog, no harm in that, its not like your asking for much,.
im only on post 101 on the other thead but geez..... hun you cant do right for doing wrong in some peoples eyes.... hugs...
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
That makes you angels
My comment are aimed at people who have made comments "you can never trust a rescue" "never trust them with my kids" ect ect. We get the odd rescue with issues but they are a minority and its hard enough persuading people rescues are great without people considering it reading certain threads and being put of.
I never said I wouldn't trust a rescue with my kids...I asked if I would feel the same way as I do about the dog that has been with kids since birth, people said yes and I listened. I never said you can never trust a rescue either.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 01:40 PM
I think people can get to hung up on a word on forums, from what I see, you just wanted to make sure all was well, its more like a day out for the rescue dog, no harm in that, its not like your asking for much,.
im only on post 101 on the other thead but geez..... hun you cant do right for doing wrong in some peoples eyes.... hugs...
Thanks Shona..it doesn't get better I'd stop reading there. xxxx Wish I had!
Page 5 of 15 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »