Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
keith wardrop
New Member!
Male 

12-05-2012, 03:53 PM

Older weimaraner eye and ear problems

hi guys , my older dog isla has been experiencing some problems with her ears , and most recently her right eye .
ive had her to the vet who have given me all sorts of antibiotics, drops , and even sedated her to flush her right ear out, but its still giving her trouble , also as of today , her right eye has swollen and lookin very sore ... it has had goo coming from it for the past two days , ive been cleaning it with warm water and cotton wool balls.
i am apprehensive of taking her back to the same vet , coz ive spent a fortune with little or no results, so if anyone could give me some clues on how to help her , id be most appreciative ... thanks
SuperflyBadger
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-05-2012, 04:03 PM
Sorry to hear about your dog- the only suggestion I would have would be an alternative to cotton wool balls - as small fibres from these could be causing the irritation - sorry I can't be of any other help! Hope you get a solution soon though!
keith wardrop
New Member!
Male 

12-05-2012, 04:05 PM
thanks for reply , she is doing well in every other aspect , just worried about her just now....
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2012, 04:22 PM
How old is your bitch?

What is she fed on?

When did it start?
keith wardrop
New Member!
Male 

12-05-2012, 04:41 PM
hi my older dog is nearly 12 , she gets fed on complete dry food , the ear issue has been ongoing for a few moths , her wee eye problem just started recently , it had been goo-ey and crusty for the past few days , but its all swollen today ,.
i can only think that my younger weimaraner molly , still has a tail and she tends to whip anything within range, especially isla , and i think maybe she has connected with islas face ....... other than that ?????
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2012, 04:55 PM
Possible.

I have a 12 year old (tomorrow) Weimaraner too.

At this age I would not consider changing her food if otherwise she does well, but as yeast is a problem and is fed by sugar (grains in food) have you thought of giving her a probiotic daily?

Lintbells produce a good one called Yumpro, alternatively you could get a capsule from Healthspan which has 5 different types of bacteria number 20million.

This can help with yeast issues.

You might also wish to consider Thornit (this is not a veterinary licensed medecine) or Quistel for daily care, and using Hepar Sulph 6c.

None of the above can hurt.
keith wardrop
New Member!
Male 

12-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Possible.

I have a 12 year old (tomorrow) Weimaraner too.

At this age I would not consider changing her food if otherwise she does well, but as yeast is a problem and is fed by sugar (grains in food) have you thought of giving her a probiotic daily?

Lintbells produce a good one called Yumpro, alternatively you could get a capsule from Healthspan which has 5 different types of bacteria number 20million.

This can help with yeast issues.

You might also wish to consider Thornit (this is not a veterinary licensed medecine) or Quistel for daily care, and using Hepar Sulph 6c.

None of the above can hurt.
thanks , oh n happy birthday to your doggy for tomorrow
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2012, 04:58 PM
she may have caught her eye rubbing her ear
keith wardrop
New Member!
Male 

12-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
she may have caught her eye rubbing her ear
that may be a possibility too
keith wardrop
New Member!
Male 

12-05-2012, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by SuperflyBadger View Post
Sorry to hear about your dog- the only suggestion I would have would be an alternative to cotton wool balls - as small fibres from these could be causing the irritation - sorry I can't be of any other help! Hope you get a solution soon though!
just a wee update guys , ive been bathin islas eye for most of the day now and its lookin a whole load better , dont know if shes scratched with her paw , or young molly has whipped her with her tail , but shes lookin a whole lot better ... thanx guys for your responses .....
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >