Our sister sites
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2006, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by juliekelham
i packed in smoking nearly six months ago.before that i smoked 60 aday
WOW Julie, that's fantastic :smt038 Well done you

How did you manage at the start? (OH is saying about us having another go )
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2006, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by Ashlady
WOW Julie, that's fantastic :smt038 Well done you

How did you manage at the start? (OH is saying about us having another go )
Get the patches from the Docs Heather, they make it soooo easy
Daysleeper40
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-02-2006, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by nemosmummy
what so you as a smoker should have a choice,, but me as a non smoker should just go elsewhere?? do you know how selfish that sounds??

your habit happens to harm others aswell as yourself and im afraid to say that as adults we all deserve to breathe good clean air, and smokers should either stay at home or be prepared to make sacrifices for others who chose not to polute their lungs
why should the non smokers who do not harm other peoples lungs have to stay away from places as others think its their god given right to kill themselves and others around them??
You're point is completely lost as I actually don't smoke - I just don't approve of a nanny state that denies people the right to choose.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2006, 09:05 PM
It's not always that simple - to move to another area because you can't find a job in a non-smokinbg establishment

You need money to be able to move house - so therefore you need a job.
Jobs aren't very easy to come by, and sometimes you have to take the first thing that comes up - which may be behind a bar.
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2006, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki
Get the patches from the Docs Heather, they make it soooo easy
I phoned the docs on Tuesday V, but they offer no help with it at all - the silly woman said they have a leaflet but I've heard others say that their docs write a prescription for them which makes them alot more affordable (I know, I know, what price my health....... )

I would like to strike while the iron is hot so to speak, this is the first time I've ever heard Phil seriously consider stopping
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2006, 09:14 PM
I phoned the docs on Tuesday V, but they offer no help with it at all - the silly woman said they have a leaflet but I've heard others say that their docs write a prescription for them which makes them alot more affordable (I know, I know, what price my health....... )

I would like to strike while the iron is hot so to speak, this is the first time I've ever heard Phil seriously consider stopping
Leaflets are ok, but you can't keep the beggars alight
Seriously, though, thats cr@p. My doctor actually offered them to me whilst I was smoking, and before I even thought about quitting. It was the price of them over the counter that stopped me from trying them before. They are areally excellent. I felt totally calm and had no cravings whatsoever, I just felt a bit "odd", so I kept busy as much as I could. Wilkinson's do the patches a bit cheaper. Knowing what I know now, I wish I'd done it earlier and paid for the patches myself
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2006, 09:17 PM
Leaflets are ok, but you can't keep the beggars alight
:smt044 :smt044 :smt044 V, if you're right mate, I know where there's house full :smt044 :smt044 :smt044
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2006, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by Daysleeper40
You're point is completely lost as I actually don't smoke - I just don't approve of a nanny state that denies people the right to choose.
When it comes to protecting non-smoker's health what other way is there? In all the pubs I've ever visited I've never seen the smokers voluntarily choose to go outside so as not to inflict damage on other people. Same as in jobs. It's only when smoking has been banned from the workplace that people have gone outside, until then they always carried on chuffing away regardless.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2006, 09:19 PM
:smt044 :smt044 :smt044 V, if you're right mate, I know where there's house full :smt044 :smt044 :smt044
Patches are neat - put one over each eye and you can't find your fags anywhere
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2006, 09:20 PM
Patches are neat - put one over each eye and you can't find your fags anywhere

lol ...............................
Page 15 of 17 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 >