Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 04:41 PM

Jeep drivers, hated,why???????

My oh treated hiself to a jeep a few weeks ago.Ever since he has been moaning about people giving of unpleasant vibes when he is out and about with it.One of our neighbours can't help but show her hatred and is always drawing him dirty looks all the time.She even blocked the road when he was out washing it the other day there by parking opposite where he was parked and thought it was funny.
I wondered if any of you lot who drive them have problems too,you know the look like you have the plague just because your driving one,Would be very interesting in hearing your views for or even why people hate them,cheers all,xxxxxxx
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-03-2008, 04:56 PM
No they're as common as muck in Essex They're everywhere and there's not enough dirty looks to go around
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 04:58 PM
I don't hate jeeps as such, I only hate the jeep drivers who can't park them properly and find it necessary to park in the one remaining disabled bay, or give the impression that because they are in a bigger vehicle, then you should give way to them, they are the ones I hate, unfortunately, like most things in life it's the bad few that give a bad name, there are some kind considerate jeep drivers out there, but they arn't the ones you remember I'm sure your OH falls into the latter catergory
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-03-2008, 05:39 PM
Tell him to give the sod the Churchhill's salute, the V sign.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 05:46 PM
He's never usually phased when out driving,but he has had people shake their heads and waving their fingers and worse.It's not that he is doing any wrong while driving as I've seen it for myself.xxxxxxxxxxx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 05:47 PM
I had no idea they caused such a reaction.

Hope it doesn't spoil the pleasure of getting his new jeep.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
I don't hate jeeps as such, I only hate the jeep drivers who can't park them properly and find it necessary to park in the one remaining disabled bay, or give the impression that because they are in a bigger vehicle, then you should give way to them, they are the ones I hate, unfortunately, like most things in life it's the bad few that give a bad name, there are some kind considerate jeep drivers out there, but they arn't the ones you remember I'm sure your OH falls into the latter catergory
i know what you mean its a shame as i don;t dislike jeep type 4x4 's but some people reckon they own the road cos they have one my neighbour thinks he's king of the road when he goes to tesco in his
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-03-2008, 05:55 PM
His not alone as I get it all the time.

On the odd occasion I get some knobhead trying to tell me that my Range Rover is not a 'green' car, I just congratulation them for having really good eyesight, and when they ask me why I have said that, I just tell them that it is silver, now get out of my f-ing way you idiot.

Tell him not to let it get him down as most of the people who complain are only jealous that you can afford it and they can't.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 06:00 PM
I get the same thing Boobah. Sometimes I think their heads are going to start spinning It's not just me imagining it either as people are totally different when I drive my OH's car.

Driving a jeep does have it's advantages though, people seem to think twice about being stupid when they see me driving in the opposite direction (although I'm not driving it anywhere at the moment )
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2008, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by Colin View Post

Tell him not to let it get him down as most of the people who complain are only jealous that you can afford it and they can't.

sort of attitude he would expect I think that gives all of you a bad name ....just cos people are green dosen;t mean they can;t afford one infact there is always loads around cheaper for sale these days due to people getting wise on the fuel they guzzle

although i donlt comment to those who wish to drive one thats up to them i just smile when i put petrol in mine when parked next to one at the pump
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »