Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 07:39 AM

Strange rash driving me mad!

I think it's to do with moving to an office which gets very hot and humid by the afternoon, but I am being plagued by the itchiest rash in the world, skin weeping clear liquid, starts as spots but after I have had a go at it the skin is vivid red. Nothing I have used on it so far has touched it.
It seems to move around the area - being fat I have some folds of skin and it had a go there first, that has cleared but it is now - well - pretty well where my knicker leg elastic goes. One spot on my thigh looks like an ulcer.

Any suggested remedies before I scratch myself to pieces?

I have never had anything like it before, haven't changed habits, washing powder or been anywhere different, not changed anything with the dogs that I could react to (though how it would affect that part of me I have no idea )
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 07:41 AM
Could it just be heat rash? If it is then best thing to put on it is cold aloe vera gel straight from the fridge (believe it is also good for sunburn). Might be worth getting it checked out at the vets just incase its something worse
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 07:47 AM
This may sound a little odd, but try Canestan cream. I had someting similar similar when pregnant, the cream cleared it straight away. I have used it on a rash I occassionally get under my breasts when it is very hot (having large breasts it gets rather hot underneath!), works pretty quickly.

Sorry for being a bit personal there!!

I think Kristina means the doctors not the vets!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 12:06 PM
I get that same rash Trish and have Dactacort cream from the doc's which clears it up almost instantly. I recommend you get it checked out Gill - you really want the right stuff for the right rash, if you know what I mean
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 12:57 PM
It sounds like a reaction i get when i touch something my skin is intolerant too. I get a small blister like this which spreads into bigger and smaller lumps and blisters. Never had it down there tho!

I would see the doc cos they have all sorts of lotions and potions to help these days
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 02:12 PM
Thanks folks!
I had it under my bra too for a while and it cleared up with canesten cream, also had it on my toes (little toe in particular) maybe I just need to apply the stuff more often. I think it is a sweat rash as it is turning up in places that get - like that - more than anywhere else.

I am trying to avoid the docs as it is an expensive pastime over here. (No free NHS! and pay deducted for time off! )