Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2013, 11:20 AM

Domestic abuse + dogs plea

Hi all, its been a bit of a while since I last posted on here, so hope all is well in our wonderful world of dogsey

The reason for my post today is because I'm a bit out of touch should we say with current services available if any do in fact exist and thought someone on here may know?

I've recently moved to Ayrshire, Scotland and was approached today by a young lady of whom lives next door to our business. She asked if I knew of any foster home/care as she needs somewhere for her dogs to go until she finds suitable accommodation that will take them. She didn't say as such, but judging by the black eye, I think she may be the victim of domestic abuse hence her urgency to move. So what I need to know is if the dogs trust ever set up something that answers this plea or is it just a case of contacting a local rescue center and hoping they will help?

All replies of help and advice, much appreciated.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2013, 11:25 AM
Hope you help find somewhere for her dogs. Have to say I would be more concerned to make sure this woman is aware of any help or services available to herself if she is in fact being abused.

I'm not surprised she 'didn't say as much'. It would be better if someone sympathetic to her ASKED gently. Many victims of abuse are 'ashamed' of the fact.
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2013, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Hope you help find somewhere for her dogs. Have to say I would be more concerned to make sure this woman is aware of any help or services available to herself if she is in fact being abused.

I'm not surprised she 'didn't say as much'. It would be better if someone sympathetic to her ASKED gently. Many victims of abuse are 'ashamed' of the fact.
Thanks Tangutica, I agree absolutely, and had I been there and not on the phone to her (my partner later told me about the black eye) then I know of quite a few organisations that will indeed help her. I suspect she is gaining the help since she has asked for my assistance for the dogs. I've been out of this loop for far too long now which is why I asked here as I remember in 2007 something was being done or set up for people in this situation, and wondered if that ever actually came to fruition?
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2013, 11:48 AM
The Dogs Trust organisation for domestic violence is called the Freedom Project, though according to the website, they only operate in London, Yorkshire and Hertfordshire
http://www.dogstrust.org.uk/az/f/fre...t/default.aspx
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2013, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
The Dogs Trust organisation for domestic violence is called the Freedom Project, though according to the website, they only operate in London, Yorkshire and Hertfordshire
http://www.dogstrust.org.uk/az/f/fre...t/default.aspx
Thanks bluejay, yes I'd seen that myself. Its a joke don't you think?
Clearly domestic violence must only happen in those areas? *rolls eyes*

So basically no help available yet by the looks of it. I'll point her in the direction of the rescue centres then
Thanks for your help
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-08-2013, 12:21 PM
isnt there something called the cinnamon trust hang on ill google
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-08-2013, 12:22 PM
sorry thats for old ill people
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2013, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermonkey View Post
sorry thats for old ill people
True, however I re-googled and look what I found when I asked about cinnamon trust (look at the very bottom organisation) http://www.dogstrust.org.uk/az/f/fre...x#.UfpTiZLVB2A

Thank you
Will give the lass a ring now
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-08-2013, 12:50 PM
Good luck with them ... I hope you can help the poor woman get out of her awful situation
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2013, 12:59 PM

Really hope this poor lady gets the help she needs and can be eventually reunited with her dogs. Obviously loves them and is trying to do what's right.