Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-12-2006, 05:28 PM

"christmas dogs"

I'm sorry but I'm fuming! The amount of dogs I'm seeing advertised everywhere just like this:

"BEAUTIFUL DALMATION PUPPIES BRED FROM LOVELY MARKED AND GOOD NATURED PARENTS. USED TO LOTS OF HUMAN CONTACT AND VERY SOCIABLE. READY CHRISTMAS EVE!"

Ok rant coming:.....no i didnt add the capitals letters, this person isnt a breeder and is charging too much considering the circumstances. oh and they didnt spell dalmatian right...and this is supposed to be their breed! responsible? I dont think so.

I think i going to have to wait for the new year before looking for my second dog again...this is ridiculous
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2006, 05:41 PM
It's disgusting No responsible breeder would advertise like that and certainly wouldn't let the pups go christmas eve.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2006, 05:46 PM
I can totally understand your anger, people like that make me fume.
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-12-2006, 05:52 PM
I brought Diz early december (2 years ago) so that i could spend the whole xmas hols training him...i had the same idea this year but havnt found the right dog yet but now ....i think im going to have to wait until next year. I am thinking about adoption too so maybe i should just haunt those websites for a while.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2006, 06:06 PM
I hate to see dogs and puppies advertised as "great Christmas presents" etC

I always wanted a pup for Christmas though when I was a child and asked for one from "Santa" every year. I think Christmas isn't a great time to introduce a new addition to the family as it is so hectic and busy, but I know that if I had ever had that much wanted puppy he/she would have been the best present ever and I would have loved him/her and looked after it for the duration of his/her life.

I was also once told of a lady whose old dog died just before Christmas and she was to spend the festive period alone. She decided she couldn't, and so bought a pup from a breeder just before Christmas. This dog was also loved for the duration of his life.

So while dogs aren't best chosen at Christmas, there are exceptions I think.
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-12-2006, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post

So while dogs aren't best chosen at Christmas, there are exceptions I think.
Oh most definately. For us Christmas is an excellent time as christmas really isnt a big deal and is just time for the family to be together and relax. Its a shame that others need too spoil it with these ads....
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2006, 07:13 PM
[QUOTE=Moobli;862619]I hate to see dogs and puppies advertised as "great Christmas presents" etC

me to but there everywhere i have seen so many saying would make a wonderful gift or just in time for christmas if your quick + so on they make me angry i really dont get people some times
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-12-2006, 10:08 PM
My mum had a litter of yorkies 2 years ago that were ready to leave on December 23rd, she held them until the first week in January as she didnt want them to end up 'unwanted christmas presents'.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2006, 10:12 PM
its terrible that this happens, i know some will be looked after but alot will end up abandoned...

i remember always asking for a pu but had always put on my list "in february" coz my parents made me very aware just how many dogs are dumped after xmas that i wanted a rescue later on so i could give one a hiome....

its a shame alot of other parents dont instill that knowledge...
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-12-2006, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by teenytiny View Post
My mum had a litter of yorkies 2 years ago that were ready to leave on December 23rd, she held them until the first week in January as she didnt want them to end up 'unwanted christmas presents'.
Thats the responsible way to do it...Well done to your mum!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >