Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2008, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
No worries, I have had oodles of experiance with people in hospital, my dad spent a lot of time in hospital, dougie had months of surgery and chemo, the list is endless,
The nurses normaly tell you to call the ward directly for information, if there is anything to know, they will be the ones to tell you

Noone available to tell me anything I have to phone back, but I have found out she is ward 15 which is Medical emergency admissions...
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2008, 05:27 PM
Don't worry too much just yet Lynn, because that means she's in what's called the "Emergency Assessment Ward" down my neck of the woods. This ward is for people who need to be admitted directly from A & E (which obviously your mum went through). They stay there, until about 10 doctors have tested her for this, that and the other, then they all get together and decide what her problem is or might be, and then she will be put on a normal ward specifically for that doctor who deals with what she has/might have ok! I've been through all this 3 times so I know this to be correct, so don't worry too much please, she will get assessed today and then moved on to a proper ward or dismissed whichever they think suitable for her. More hugs coming your way, you poor thing you must be going crazy sitting there like this.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Make sure you ring them back in an hour or so, keep pestering, they're very busy of course, but you need to know what's happening. Failing that, can you get yourself up there to see her? You are allowed visitors in that assessment ward, especially under the circumstances with your mum!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Don't worry too much just yet Lynn, because that means she's in what's called the "Emergency Assessment Ward" down my neck of the woods. This ward is for people who need to be admitted directly from A & E (which obviously your mum went through). They stay there, until about 10 doctors have tested her for this, that and the other, then they all get together and decide what her problem is or might be, and then she will be put on a normal ward specifically for that doctor who deals with what she has/might have ok! I've been through all this 3 times so I know this to be correct, so don't worry too much please, she will get assessed today and then moved on to a proper ward or dismissed whichever they think suitable for her. More hugs coming your way, you poor thing you must be going crazy sitting there like this.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Aw thank you H..I just heard the word emergency and thought it must be bad...but hopefully when they get together they will decide whatver it is can be treated at home and let her go home to her own bed in her own house for Christmas. I am thinking of opening the sherry I have for dad to see if that sudues me!! Thanks xx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2008, 05:31 PM
Make sure you ring them back in an hour or so, keep pestering, they're very busy of course, but you need to know what's happening. Failing that, can you get yourself up there to see her? You are allowed visitors in that assessment ward, especially under the circumstances with your mum!
Dito, good advice there x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Glad I've calmed you down a tiny bit now Lynn. I don't know about that sherry just yet, if you DRIVE and you've had some sherry you won't be able to get yourself up there if you have to - not that you will, I don't want to scare you, but you never know. If you have somebody else to drive you there, then hell, go for it girl, have half the bottle if you need it!!!!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Glad I've calmed you down a tiny bit now Lynn. I don't know about that sherry just yet, if you DRIVE and you've had some sherry you won't be able to get yourself up there if you have to - not that you will, I don't want to scare you, but you never know. If you have somebody else to drive you there, then hell, go for it girl, have half the bottle if you need it!!!!
OH is 15 minutes away and he has said he'll drive me wherever whenever. Maybe still a bit early for the sherry though.

I will phone back in half hour. Told dad and he said in his usual droll fashion he's not going to visit until he knows if he has to take overnight stuff as he's not making 2 trips!! He loves her really and will be scared silly too. So when he knows he will tell me and either meet me there or pick me up
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2008, 06:01 PM
She is being kept on that ward tonight they have given her painkillers and she is sedated. They have completely ruled out her heart as an issue but are concerned as she is still in terrible pain. The tests they have carried out have been inconclusive so it seems it is just a case of waiting. Dad away to take stuff up to her but at the minute she is sleeping.

Anyone got a spare Christmas dinner tomorrow, think it will be steak opie for me Stuart Ben and my dad!! At least its not her heart so rightly or wrongly that for me has allieviated some concerns.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2008, 06:02 PM
Sorry to hear about your mum. Hope she gets a diagnosis very soon and is on the road to recovery. All the best.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2008, 06:27 PM
has she had her appendix out?

I have seen a few people in the early stages of appendicitis with pain in the main area of the tummy, here is a link

we went through a similar sinario with dougies mum a few years ago, we were all so very worried, it turned out to be appendicitis, thank god.

http://www.medicinenet.com/appendicitis/page2.htm
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
has she had her appendix out?

I have seen a few people in the early stages of appendicitis with pain in the main area of the tummy, here is a link

we went through a similar sinario with dougies mum a few years ago, we were all so very worried, it turned out to be appendicitis, thank god.

http://www.medicinenet.com/appendicitis/page2.htm
Thanks for the link...she hasn't had her appendix out but she is very specific about the pain and where it is, but I guess that doesn't rule it out. Will let you all know what the docs/nurses say, if anything, to dad xx
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »