Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 09:30 AM

Agility show last Saturday

We took Jack to the C-Side agility show on sat, sorry no pics but we were really pleased with him, he got an 8th in the starters jumping but Eliminated in everything else we were most pleased because in both agilitity rounds he got his contacts but another problem has arisen , weaves tunnel, in both rounds the tunnel followed on from the weaves, and he came out of the weaves to go in the tunnel oh well, these things were sent to try us and lets face it, it would be pretty boring if everything went hunky dory all the time, and it makes those clear rounds extra special

At training on Sunday, our trainer set up the course, weaves tunnel, which all three of the dogs messed up, but she also did a couple of rounds, where although it was still set up, weaves tunnel, you had to call them off the tunnel to pull round to do a jump or A-Frame instead, lets hope it works To start with the course she set up was jump, see-saw, and all three dogs, flew up the see-saw and off it before it had a chance to tip over so she ended up calling it her naughty class
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 09:36 AM
Well done Jack on the contacts

As you say, life would be dull if things went perfectly all the time - I'm sure that Jack is just keeping Chris on his toes
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 10:38 AM
LOL just when you think you crack it hey - something else comes along to test you doesn't it

I'm guessing Jack likes the tunnel

Well done with your 8th place and keep it up with him he is doing great

And good he got his contacts - not easy with a fast dog !

Are you at at Ardingly on Saturday - Max and Connor are being measured (around lunchtime) so would love to see you and meet Jack if you are. After Saturday don't really have any excuses to not enter Max *eek*!
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 11:21 AM
8th is a great result! I have found exactly the same as soon as you get one thing right something else goes to pot!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Well done you and Jack - great results..

Good luck with your tunnelitis
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 12:49 PM
Thanks guys

Thankfully not every round has weaves tunnel , we were just pleased that over 2 years of training has started to finally pay off with the contacts

Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
LOL just when you think you crack it hey - something else comes along to test you doesn't it

I'm guessing Jack likes the tunnel

Well done with your 8th place and keep it up with him he is doing great

And good he got his contacts - not easy with a fast dog !

Are you at at Ardingly on Saturday - Max and Connor are being measured (around lunchtime) so would love to see you and meet Jack if you are. After Saturday don't really have any excuses to not enter Max *eek*!
You guessed right Rach, Jack does loves his tunnel

We're not at Ardingly on Sat, I think that show is for Grade 3's and above and Jack is still Grade 1, our next show is the Easter Celebration but we are only going on the Sunday

I hope all goes well getting the boys measured, not that it's a big thing, I would think they'll both be large don't forget your agility record books, and if you get a chance have a wonder round and enjoy it, but don't forget your ear plugs it can get a bit noisy at times
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
Thanks guys

Thankfully not every round has weaves tunnel , we were just pleased that over 2 years of training has started to finally pay off with the contacts

You guessed right Rach, Jack does loves his tunnel

We're not at Ardingly on Sat, I think that show is for Grade 3's and above and Jack is still Grade 1, our next show is the Easter Celebration but we are only going on the Sunday

I hope all goes well getting the boys measured, not that it's a big thing, I would think they'll both be large don't forget your agility record books, and if you get a chance have a wonder round and enjoy it, but don't forget your ear plugs it can get a bit noisy at times
Oh shame but understandable!

Thanks re: the measuring - got my books have to get a picture of them both now - suspect they will both be large too

Hopefully we will see you at some point I'll let you know what / when we enter!!!
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 02:13 PM
Looking forward to it Rach , I think there are quite a few at Ardingly and round about keep Sept 19th & 20th free in your diary, that's our club show , and last year they did a few ABC classes as well as the normal classes
TBBS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 03:09 PM
Well done on your 8th place. Tunnel, then weave or weave, then tunnel is a favourite trap for judges especially as you go up the grades.
I'm at Easter Celebration on the Sunday, I'll look out for you.