Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2014, 11:45 AM

Awww! baby goats

was at the muckross traditional farms this week and there were four tiny baby goats at the pet farm, running wild there. took my breath away, enchanting dancers so full of life. two were dark and multi with lop ears.

the mothers were tethered...
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-05-2014, 12:55 PM
There are two goats across the lane from my house Lilly and Joanna and they are really sweet and love being stroked. They also consume all the left overs from most of the houses in our hamlet
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2014, 03:00 PM
there are flocks of wild goats loose in the national park. if they are near the road i stop to watch them.magnificent horned shaggy king billies

i think two of the babies are nubians

http://www.eastbayri.com/news/photos...s-in-westport/

yes they are great recyclers. mine used to love flowers...getting in and munching them...
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2014, 03:11 PM
I love goats as well. See them all the time here in Cyprus with their goatherds. Herd of Nubians regularly graze behind where I live.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2014, 03:15 PM
Wrong thread lol!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2014, 06:18 AM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
I love goats as well. See them all the time here in Cyprus with their goatherds. Herd of Nubians regularly graze behind where I live.
i would never get any work done for watching them! had a goat for years before i came to ireland.

what a character and lovely milk.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2014, 06:35 AM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
i would never get any work done for watching them! had a goat for years before i came to ireland.

what a character and lovely milk.
Rosebud, yesterday we were returning from our walk round the fields at the back and took a path between the only 2 residential complexes here that runs alongside my garden. This brings us to the proper road and front entrance gates. It's only a few metres actually 'on road' and I don't always put Bella back on her lead as we are just following the wall round to come in through the gate. Yesterday I did clip her on just before we emerged and was very glad I did because as we rounded the corner we were confronted by a RIVER OF GOATS! Flowing across the road in front of us!

The goatherd was 'seeing them across' from the orchard opposite and they were taking the rougher path on the other side of the building (the one we usually return by twixt us and the Uni building)

I don't know who was more surprised - me or Bella! She stopped dead and I was fumbling with my phone cam. I ended up with a very short VIDEO of mainly my feet and the sky instead of a photo of the goats! Can't see anything on the cam screen in bright sunlight. I wondered how she would have reacted if we'd come across them head on - the goatherd is always right at the back.

Reminded me of one of those wild life films where you see all the beasts running together - these goats looked just like a 'furry river' flowing across the road!

We've started going out a bit later in the day so I will be on the lookout for them from now on and try to get a pic.

Any other day and we'd have been on the same path. But instead of doing the 'whole circuit' we'd gone almost all the way round and turned and retraced our route to keep her out a bit longer - that's why I took the middle shortcut to get back. I love seeing these goats but they are usually on the other side of a field.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2014, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Rosebud, yesterday we were returning from our walk round the fields at the back and took a path between the only 2 residential complexes here that runs alongside my garden. This brings us to the proper road and front entrance gates. It's only a few metres actually 'on road' and I don't always put Bella back on her lead as we are just following the wall round to come in through the gate. Yesterday I did clip her on just before we emerged and was very glad I did because as we rounded the corner we were confronted by a RIVER OF GOATS! Flowing across the road in front of us!

The goatherd was 'seeing them across' from the orchard opposite and they were taking the rougher path on the other side of the building (the one we usually return by twixt us and the Uni building)

I don't know who was more surprised - me or Bella! She stopped dead and I was fumbling with my phone cam. I ended up with a very short VIDEO of mainly my feet and the sky instead of a photo of the goats! Can't see anything on the cam screen in bright sunlight. I wondered how she would have reacted if we'd come across them head on - the goatherd is always right at the back.

Reminded me of one of those wild life films where you see all the beasts running together - these goats looked just like a 'furry river' flowing across the road!

We've started going out a bit later in the day so I will be on the lookout for them from now on and try to get a pic.

Any other day and we'd have been on the same path. But instead of doing the 'whole circuit' we'd gone almost all the way round and turned and retraced our route to keep her out a bit longer - that's why I took the middle shortcut to get back. I love seeing these goats but they are usually on the other side of a field.
what a lovely sight indeed....

thank you.