View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 11:33 PM
Hello, people! Thought I'd make a post about Blue. She went to the vet, and he examined her thoroughly. She has a nasty ear infection in one ear and a mild one in the other ear.

She also is full of hair that she can't hack up. We were given some drops for her ears and some pasty stuff for her to eat so she can pass the hairballs.

She is fine, but yes needs the cone again and we have a repeat of the cone scenario. Thankfully it's nothing serious.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 11:38 PM
Aww poor wee Blue...sending get well soon (( hugs))
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Hello, people! Thought I'd make a post about Blue. She went to the vet, and he examined her thoroughly. She has a nasty ear infection in one ear and a mild one in the other ear.

She also is full of hair that she can't hack up. We were given some drops for her ears and some pasty stuff for her to eat so she can pass the hairballs.

She is fine, but yes needs the cone again and we have a repeat of the cone scenario. Thankfully it's nothing serious.
Happy to read this update. Furballs? Yuk - having had cats they always looked like some mummified dead critters to me and watching them retching them up well ....

Nothing serious but - having never had to have to put a cone on a dog (and very glad I haven't had to) I'd just HATE to think what it's like to have to put and keep one on a cat!

Lordy I was almost bled to death just trying to get one of my cats in a catbox to take it to a vet!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2014, 01:23 AM
Well she has to have the cone because she is picking at her ears because they feel weird and smell weird and cats hate feeling or smelling weird.

She is very old and the vet said that might be the reason she cannot hack up the hairball. He checked her ears for mites or parasites, and he found none but the odd smell, extra wax, and sensitivity he saw meant an ear infection.

The cone is a MESS, but it is needed until her ear infections clear up. This cat was healthy when she was younger, but she is getting old so this isn't unexpected. She got ear drops, but not antibiotics or any pills.

He also said the clogged nose seemed like allergies, since her eyes weren't running or anything else. Gave her an allergy shot with her vaccinations, which we got a month early since we were already there.

It also might be a reaction because of her ears being infected since ears, nose, throat are all connected. He listened to her breathing and said it sounded very clear so an URI wasn't very likely at all.

I forced her the hairball stuff, and managed only a few scratches! It's tuna flavored and they are supposed to like it... but leave it to a cat to make things difficult. Blue hates tuna anyway, so no surprise there.

Will keep everyone updated
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4