Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2016, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
and not an e-collar in sight
Not even a COLLAR in sight most of the time. At many venues you have to run your dog "naked."

And e-collars (and prong and choke chains) are often banned at trials and probably 99.9% of agility people wouldn't go near them. One of the nice things about training in agility!
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2016, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
You talk the biggest load of cr@p ...
https://www.google.com/search?biw=12...30.n-kr4svYHnM

No I do not, but there are hundreds of breeds all doing different things, agility training involves no agility as my shorthairs would run any agility champ ragged, including any huskie. Huskies are in no way fast, as they do not even try to catch my shorthairs, huskies have endurance only, at least the ones that are not bred to have pretty coats and blue eyes.

This is real agility, 100 or more miles per day thru snow while pulling a load in below zero temps. can your husky do that? https://cdn3.dogonews.com/pictures/6...jpg?1299528979
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-05-2016, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by NickyAnn View Post
https://www.google.com/search?biw=12...30.n-kr4svYHnM

No I do not, but there are hundreds of breeds all doing different things, agility training involves no agility as my shorthairs would run any agility champ ragged, including any huskie. Huskies are in no way fast, as they do not even try to catch my shorthairs, huskies have endurance only, at least the ones that are not bred to have pretty coats and blue eyes.

This is real agility, 100 or more miles per day thru snow while pulling a load in below zero temps. can your husky do that? https://cdn3.dogonews.com/pictures/6...jpg?1299528979
Lol Jackie hit the nail on the head, complete and utter drivel.
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2016, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
So you are now claiming that dog agility champs would make great Iditarod sled dogs because they can run thru hoopie doopies. Ok if you say so, but all of these dogs will be dragged to death by the real sled dog agility champs.

I dare you to hook your agility dog up to a sled of huskies and do a 50 mile training run in a foot or so of snow.

http://turningheadskennel.com/wp-con...9-1200x800.jpg

No hoops are allowed on the trail mind you.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

22-05-2016, 05:21 PM
So you are now claiming that dog agility champs would make great Iditarod sled dogs because they can run thru hoopie doopies. Ok if you say so, but all of these dogs will be dragged to death by the real sled dog agility champs.

I dare you to hook your agility dog up to a sled of huskies and do a 50 mile training run in a foot or so of snow.

http://turningheadskennel.com/wp-con...9-1200x800.jpg

No hoops are allowed on the trail mind you.
Who cares you answered a post about agility and said agility training involves no agility. You're talking out of your ar$e
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2016, 05:24 PM
Who cares you answered a post about agility and said agility training involves no agility. You're talking out of your ar$e
Feel free to hook your agility champs up to a dog sled in Alaska and watch your agility champs display a complete lack of agility, and get dragged to death if the sled can not be stopped soon enough.

Agility to me is not agility to you or to an Iditarod musher.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

22-05-2016, 05:27 PM
Feel free to hook your agility champs up to a dog sled in Alaska and watch your agility champs display a complete lack of agility, and get dragged to death if the sled can not be stopped soon enough.

Agility to me is not agility to you or to an Iditarod musher.
I have no interest in either and have never done agility either but that doesn't mean I can't see it for what it is.
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2016, 10:17 PM
I have no interest in either and have never done agility either but that doesn't mean I can't see it for what it is.
Give a gundog, any breed the choice of jumping thru hoops for kibble or the chance to run thru the woods looking for birds and critters, and the hoops no longer exist as no dog would ever choose them. Agility is for people, not dogs.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2016, 10:59 PM
I wouldn't expect a Border Collie to point on a shoot.
I wouldn't expect a GSP to go out killing rats.
I wouldn't expect a Border Terrier to pull a sled.

Horses for courses as they say.

Are you really as narrow minded as you try to show Nicky, or are you out to see how long you can last before being banned from the forum.

You obviously have a lot to learn about dogs and this is quite a good forum for information. Instead of trying to get banned, try toning it down a bit and you may find you learn an awful lot that will benefit you in the long run
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2016, 11:07 PM
Yup. Total drivel. And anyone who thinks that their dogs can just go on an agility course and run it better than a trained agility dog is a complete moron. Running around fields with shock collars on does not equal training, especially not in agility.

And OMG the thing about huskies! Huskies were BRED FOR ENDURANCE. She says it RIGHT THERE. They are not bred for speed. SPEED IS NOT ALL IMPORTANT. And it's not important for the breed. That's like saying "Well, my Corvette can go from 0-100 in 5 seconds so it's way better than your big giant truck." Right but can your Corvette haul several tons of stuff? NO. So why compare them?

Any Border Collie could herd a group of sheep FAR better than her gun dogs...but there's absolutely no reason to compare them at all since they were bred to do very different things.
Closed Thread
Page 95 of 98 « First < 45 85 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 >