View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MississippiRick
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-01-2011, 03:39 AM
I would have to say also that the Malinois is great for obedience and agility. They pick it up so fast...you don't see a lot of dogs performing like the one in the video below.

http://www.sitmeanssit.com/dog-train...tch-beg-watch/
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2011, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by mad4foxhounds View Post
i think its more how tuned in you are with your pet more than anything. we have always had collies, but for a number of years now also have Foxhounds. i have trained all three of my youngest foxhounds in agility scent work and obedience they have all got there KC good citzen bronze silzer and gold awards, thats how i got hooked into training.
i remember seeing a english bull terrier working beautifully for his mum at one show, and that is a breed that many would say are stubborn. their is a woman in the states that has great success with her bull terriers,
so if she can do it with her pets why cant we. i also been to one training classes that also have a shutiz doing everything the collies were doing, i think collies are more popular in the sport because they have been bred to read and work with humans as a team. incompaiied to other breeds like hounds that have been bred to work for them selves with the human following.
I used to have a couple of Foxhounds that came to agility.
The lady who owns them has moved back to Australia and now trains and competes (a little) with her guys over there.
One has done her version on GCDS the other is very nervy but coming on well.

My ever lasting memory (from working the collies and Trip) was that I could not run fast - when I ran Harry round the course I felt Like I was going 60mph as he was always behind me! (He used to speed up for a Dentastick!)
BullseyesTail
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-01-2011, 01:55 PM
How do Staffies do?

I'm sure I read somewhere about a staffie who has doing very well with either obedience or agility?

Was a while back so I don't recall the details!

Am curious as I used to have staffies and they were always eminently trainable - unlike my present bull terrier who would just raise a quizzical eyebrow if i tried to get her to do any 'tricks'.
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 01:58 PM
I can go back to the mid 70's and I can def remember a little staffie bitch do quite well in Working trials I can even remember her name "Cilla of Ormesby"
BullseyesTail
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by Rookgeordiegirl View Post
I can go back to the mid 70's and I can def remember a little staffie bitch do quite well in Working trials I can even remember her name "Cilla of Ormesby"
Aw thanks for the info! Cilla is a brilliant name for a dog!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Marney Wells has done very well with SBT in Working Trials and Obedience.

Busby is working B and C only I believe, having won out of Novice and A and he also gained CDex and UDex winning several times (cannot progress further in WT due to size of jumps).

Trilby got her CDex and UDex again with several wins and competed in Obedience.

Garbo her new puppy is working A only I think and has yet to enter WT.

She has also been successful in Agility.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-01-2011, 03:35 PM
I always remember reading about a Pitbull called Bandog dread who at one time had more working /obedience titles than any other dog in the US so the article stated ..
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 04:41 PM
As SB has said, marney works her Staffies, Theres a lady from the isle of Man that works a Bulldog.
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 04:51 PM
............and I do have plans for my Papillion pup
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 05:39 PM
I've seen Marney working her staffy at Crufts, he's a lovely, well muscled guy.
Page 7 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >