register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Are you happy with our new Govt?
Yes - it seems to have turned out much better than I originally thought possible 13 16.88%
Yes - I'm fairly happy with how it's turned out 12 15.58%
Yes - I'm moderately happy 6 7.79%
Neutral - not bothered either way 2 2.60%
No - I'm slightly disappointed 3 3.90%
No - I'm a fair bit unhappy 11 14.29%
No - I'm very upset at how it turned out 30 38.96%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
I agree. This is how I feel about the situation.
Hm, I'm not entirely sure we do agree. Looking back at an earlier post of yours. But I've got no probs with that, each to their own I say.

You picked the last option, I picked the first.

You appear to have a quite bleak, negative outlook on the coalition esp the Cons aspect of it, I wanted the coalition, and i'm happy we got it, Cons and all.

My ref to honeymoon period, was in reference to the situation they are going to find themselves in, as in, not having any nice, happy, easy months to aclimatise to each other. They're effectively being forced into working together regardless, as they've got to get this country out of the mess its in, created by Labour.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 11:01 PM
[QUOTE=Westie_N;1950604]I chose the last option. I am far from happy with the 'new' government, as I have said on the previous threads regarding this situation.

David Cameron is a stuck up sod and will no doubt look after his own. To hell with the rest of us. He is all for the upper/middle class, not us working class people and most certainly not single people like myself who choose not to have children.

To see David Cameron and Nick Clegg talking together sickens me to the core. I am repulsed. They were enemies and now all of a sudden they are allies - or so it appears. Well, I am not fooled. I doubt it will work. I hope to god I'm wrong and things improve, but I won't hold my breath.

I was never a Labour person, but I liked Gordon Brown (no, not because he is Scottish). He stepped in to Tony Blair's mess and did his best, but yes, his best wasn't good enough I agree. It was never going to be easy for him. I am glad he left when he did. Good for him. He was a good Chancellor.

As I've said many times, and I'll say again, the Tories destroyed Scotland. The poll tax debacle, the decimation of the shipyards and the factories - all thanks to the Tories, yes.

My town once flourished due to the shipyards and the factories, now it's nothing and that is all because of the Tories. We are still paying the price now, but it is getting slightly better.

I can understand how you feel ref your area.

My town/area once flourished due to industry as well, now look at it.

Btw, I live quite litteraly next door to what once was ICI, and down the road from Corus. Need I say more.

We also got dumped with those bloody damned ghost ships. You can have them if you want lol.

Though, offshaw wind farms and oil rigs aren't to bad I suppose.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 05:20 AM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post
Hm, I'm not entirely sure we do agree. Looking back at an earlier post of yours. But I've got no probs with that, each to their own I say.

You picked the last option, I picked the first.

You appear to have a quite bleak, negative outlook on the coalition esp the Cons aspect of it, I wanted the coalition, and i'm happy we got it, Cons and all.

My ref to honeymoon period, was in reference to the situation they are going to find themselves in, as in, not having any nice, happy, easy months to aclimatise to each other. They're effectively being forced into working together regardless, as they've got to get this country out of the mess its in, created by Labour.
Ah okay, sorry, I must've misunderstood.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 05:22 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
I voted: Yes - it seems to have turned out much better than I originally thought possible.

I'm actually quite excited about this new govt - this new type of govt. Diversity is a great thing, talking with people holding different views is the only real democratic way to do politics.. and they are now pretty much forced to do just that

Definitely a win for the people let's hope they are all as mature as they say they are and do us all proud.
id ditto that tjhought exactly.

bound to be a diaster though!!!! Lol!

But got my fingersxd!!!!
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-10-2010, 06:23 AM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
I chose the last option. I am far from happy with the 'new' government, as I have said on the previous threads regarding this situation.

David Cameron is a stuck up sod and will no doubt look after his own. To hell with the rest of us. He is all for the upper/middle class, not us working class people and most certainly not single people like myself who choose not to have children.

To see David Cameron and Nick Clegg talking together sickens me to the core. I am repulsed. They were enemies and now all of a sudden they are allies - or so it appears. Well, I am not fooled. I doubt it will work. I hope to god I'm wrong and things improve, but I won't hold my breath.

I was never a Labour person, but I liked Gordon Brown (no, not because he is Scottish). He stepped in to Tony Blair's mess and did his best, but yes, his best wasn't good enough I agree. It was never going to be easy for him. I am glad he left when he did. Good for him. He was a good Chancellor.

As I've said many times, and I'll say again, the Tories destroyed Scotland. The poll tax debacle, the decimation of the shipyards and the factories - all thanks to the Tories, yes.

My town once flourished due to the shipyards and the factories, now it's nothing and that is all because of the Tories. We are still paying the price now, but it is getting slightly better.

I'm sad for my country. Yesterday was a sad day for Scotland and I fear for this country. I fear for my future under a Tory government.

And before any of you start on me, this is how I feel.
I wholeheartely agree with this.

A lot of people who voted have never lived [and by lived i mean had a house, job etc] through a tory government and it scares me.

As we are now 5 months in has anybody changed their mind for better or worse?
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2010, 07:05 AM
Nope. I'm still really happy with it and embrace all the cuts and changes because I know it'll be for the better.

I wonder how the labours feel now though as most of you were fighting for the ''people' and the middle class are the ones taking the hit, feel better?
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-10-2010, 07:18 AM
mmmmmm I am Labour and I am waiting for the s*** to hit the fan when all the cuts come in.

It is very early days yet and nothing has really changed YET!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-10-2010, 07:26 AM
From the point of view in this household it has turned out as we feared.

Gorden is redundant the end of this month, he has the ability to set up his own consultancy and hopefully we will be able to survive.

What sickens Gorden is the services to education that are going to suffer the children and schools that will be now be back to square one the schools that have had the worst children in them and struggled and are now picking up and doing well they will be now become deprived again.

He does know this will happen he works in the front line with all these problems and has seen the improvements and now can see the devastation that will be caused through these cuts. He is the first wave of the redundancies there will be more in April and over 3 years all the people that work in the education sector will no longer be employed schools will be left floundering with no back up. Many Head Teachers he has spoken to are now really worried.

It will be education for the rich.

You have seen nothing yet it is all talk at the moment and so people can say this is a good thing it will hit all services eventually you will all be affected this is the tip of the iceberg. It will happen we cannot stop it.

I will be interested to hear peoples views in six months time a years time and in 3 years time this is how long it will take to affect some of you but affect you at some point it will.

I am not going to reply to replies to my post as I am very emotional over this as is Gorden as we can se the devastation that lies ahead and to be fair whatever any on else says it will not change my views if I am wrong in a year or two down the line I will apologise.
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-10-2010, 08:09 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
From the point of view in this household it has turned out as we feared.

Gorden is redundant the end of this month, he has the ability to set up his own consultancy and hopefully we will be able to survive.

What sickens Gorden is the services to education that are going to suffer the children and schools that will be now be back to square one the schools that have had the worst children in them and struggled and are now picking up and doing well they will be now become deprived again.

He does know this will happen he works in the front line with all these problems and has seen the improvements and now can see the devastation that will be caused through these cuts. He is the first wave of the redundancies there will be more in April and over 3 years all the people that work in the education sector will no longer be employed schools will be left floundering with no back up. Many Head Teachers he has spoken to are now really worried.

It will be education for the rich.

You have seen nothing yet it is all talk at the moment and so people can say this is a good thing it will hit all services eventually you will all be affected this is the tip of the iceberg. It will happen we cannot stop it.

I will be interested to hear peoples views in six months time a years time and in 3 years time this is how long it will take to affect some of you but affect you at some point it will.

I am not going to reply to replies to my post as I am very emotional over this as is Gorden as we can se the devastation that lies ahead and to be fair whatever any on else says it will not change my views if I am wrong in a year or two down the line I will apologise.
I agree the country as a whole ''ain't seen nothing yet''
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2010, 08:20 AM
No - its back to 80`s, any time now. Don`t get sick, don`t get old, don`t get poor. I have a terrible feeling of deja vue....
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »