Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 08:41 AM
Just don't get me started
When they all start telling us how they have "only stayed within the rule" you just have to know that they know it's wrong too.
I was reading in the paper that these rules were set out in the early 1900's when people were duty and morally bound by the rules. They were MORALLY bound. Threre's the problem, the rules need setting out clearly in black and white so that these people who now are in power ...right across the parties....dont have to rely on their own moralls, as we cant trust them.
What a bu@@er!!
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 08:43 AM
This story got me so mad - the others I have thought you have all been taking the mickey and bending the rules but this is FRAUD! This is no way a mistake at all and I hope that he gets what he deserves for doing this - unbelievable isn't it.

Someone said on the radio (not sure who it was) that they should all SHUT UP and every half an hour say how sorry they are!

I was fuming over this story though I have to say !
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 09:00 AM
It makes me so mad. It is FRAUD, but will the police be involved, I doubt it. At the end of the day it is our money they are fiddling, they should all be made to pay it back with interest. They are scum, they are earning enough as it is, why should we be paying for second homes for these people, they should be in rented accomodation if the need arises, and pay for their own tv's, carpets etc. It seems they have been leading a life of reilly at our expense.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Simple. I don't think they should be paid expenses at all.

I understand they have to represent constituencies all over the country, so need to have a home there. Yet they have to be in London for Parliament. Well then, I would supply each MP with a season ticket for the railway, and on the occasions where they have to stay in London for late voting, I would have a sofa bed in their parliamentary office. If not everyone has an office in the building, I would create a dorm out of their common room. Wouldn't take much.

Perhaps they'd then improve public transport instead of banging on how we all should use it. And no-one, but no-one would need a second flat.

Perhaps then too, we'd only get the people who truly want to work for the country rather than lining their own pockets.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-05-2009, 10:51 AM
Why don't they spend their own money, they get paid enough, Lembik Opik {may not have spelt it correctly} who is a total waste of space anyway tried claiming for a plasma tv costing over £2000 he settled for a less expensive one and has now said that he didn't know what he was doing because his brother died! he also got fined for non payment of Council tax after claiming his council tax on expenses and then he tried to claim the money to pay his fine! They should be in jail not in office, bunch of cheating money grabbing crooks, all of them.
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 12:07 PM
absolutly disgraceful!

it would be cheaper if the government bought some flats for the MP's to stay over and only pay for food on expenses....say £40 a day!

wouldnt it be nice though to be able to have 40k to be able to pay back.

corrupt the lot of them. its been said for years that the're only doing the job for what they can get out of it. sod everyone else!

they should disolve parliament, employ different MP's and call a general election.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 12:09 PM
I think its pretty typical of there behaviour, disgusting,

does anyone know the total amount that they have all claimed over each year,

would be intresting to see just how much they cost....

Fruad is a criminal offence they should be charged as any of the rest of us would be.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 12:12 PM
They are thieves, plain and simple but it's all dressed up as mistakes and misunderstandings. They are in a privileged position and they have abused that position. They should be sacked and charged with fraud, just like the rest of us would be if we were pinching money, as they are
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 12:14 PM
Frankly, I think it is disgusting. As someone else already mentioned, if they were in any other job and caught fraudulently using money that they had no right to spend, they would be sacked. And probably prosecuted, without question.

What about the prat that spend £40,000 of the tax payers money on buying things like £200 barbeque's for his s****y London flat, that I believe his daughter lived in?

Get rid of them all.
Penry
Dogsey Senior
Male 

14-05-2009, 12:16 PM
I'm with all of you . . . . . These people are a disgrace . . . . . !!!! It is fraud, theft and the only reason they are Sorry is that they have been found out . . !!! This would of carried on if nobody had lobbied for an investigation. As is said these people on mega bucks and should pay for everything in the way us mortals have too.

I believe we should be calling for this Parliament to be dissolved as well.

I think we the public should campaign to clear these people out . . . . .we voted them in so why can't we vote them out . . . . . !!!!
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >