View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sallyboo
New Member!
Female 

24-03-2010, 01:29 PM

Agility training...anyone know of any in Bolton please ?

Hi....I have a ten month old border collie and we live in the westhoughton area of bolton....trying to find any training classes in the area......if anyone can help.....very much appreciated.....thanks
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2010, 01:38 PM
ave a look at Bolton GSD club, they take all breeds and are very good, they do the good citizen awards and agility bits. they have a website to look at too
sallyboo
New Member!
Female 

24-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by melsgems View Post
ave a look at Bolton GSD club, they take all breeds and are very good, they do the good citizen awards and agility bits. they have a website to look at too
xcellent...thanks
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Hi and welcome to Dogsey
Helipops
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Im in the Brashaw area of Bolton and am also looking for an agility club close to home. Did you find somewhere and would you recommend? My main priority is that it is a fun place. Im not looking to do it full time with my dog, just a method of extra exercise and brain training for her.
gilli and jago
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-07-2010, 03:29 PM
you would need to be very careful agility training at 10 months. Most clubs don't usually take dogs less than 12 months old simply because their bones and joints are still forming. Some existing agility handlers start with low impact stuff earlier than this but if a club is willing to let you try full height equipment before this I'd be quite wary of them as it can cause development issues
Nothing wrong with doing the odd pole on the ground and tunnels before this but people tend to get impatient to go further too soon, hence the blanket 12 month rule at a lot of clubs