register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Is CM improving as a TV trainer & offering more apt advice
Yes 45 52.33%
No 41 47.67%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Closed Thread
Page 80 of 84 « First < 30 70 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 > Last »
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 06:45 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I`ve seen an angry dog about to attack. The blood vessels in the eyes don`t swell and make the eyes look red. The eyes go `hard` and the pupils dilate.
Gnasher you really don`t like letting reality get in the way of a good argument, do you?
Right, that's it I'm off. For about the 100th hundredth time I was ******* joking. It is called irony, poetic licence, whatever the ******* word is, I don't care, I have lost my patience.

Unless we can get back to the subject of the title of this thread, I no longer wish to participate.

There you are CC - you see I AM impatient after all !!

Bye everyone.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 07:08 AM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
I get your point Wys but isn't that what it's all about. You do things one way, CM another. It's all about choice for the dog owners. They get to choose which way they want their dog trained. Horses for courses and all that. What worked for the Michael Vick Pitts might not work for another dog
I get your point too CC and I guess we won't agree so must agree to differ!

I think that it is wrong to choose a method that may cause more problems (as we know that severe punishment can have fallout - eg the dog associating the other dog with owner being extremely harsh to it, and then becoming worse with other dogs because of it - it happens a lot).

Owners trust experts, esp. tv experts... but those experts may have been chosen for their charisma and not their understanding of canine behaviour.

But as I said, we will need to agree to disagree on this one!

Wys
x
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Right, that's it I'm off. For about the 100th hundredth time I was ******* joking. It is called irony, poetic licence, whatever the ******* word is, I don't care, I have lost my patience.

Unless we can get back to the subject of the title of this thread, I no longer wish to participate.

There you are CC - you see I AM impatient after all !!

Bye everyone.
No you weren't joking---and everyone knows you weren't.
You backtracked.
Good decision to stop now though.

rune
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua
I get your point Wys but isn't that what it's all about. You do things one way, CM another. It's all about choice for the dog owners. They get to choose which way they want their dog trained. Horses for courses and all that. What worked for the Michael Vick Pitts might not work for another dog>>>>

Would you bring the same thoughts to teaching children?

Some parents would back a teacher who beat their child---and it might work----does that make it right?

OTOH that child might internalise it and go on to beat their own children.

Simplistic but it will do for an example.

rune
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
Obviously I do, my annoying troll. You keep responding

I suggest you pay attention, halfwit, you are not 'women'. What you are is an internet loser, with far too much sense of entitlement and too little sense to know better.

If you spent less time whining about how you are being victimized and spent more time thinking, these discussion would not be getting off topic.
It's you who's bringing the subject off-topic, once again. Had you not noticed that the adults had got back on track, then along you come again I think it's time you grew up, shut up and started to act like a man, really I have a picture of you in my mind and it AIN'T PRETTY

You talk about me being a half-wit and yet you call me a "troll" - please, that's the sort of thing my 13 year old would say to someone who was touching a raw nerve!

Like I said, grow a pair! I'm used to dealing with proper men in my life and real men don't sit calling women "halfwit" and "troll" and yes, I will keep responding because I don't feel intimidated or bothered by you and I enjoy watching you getting all annoyed, which you clearly are, hence your childish outburst. Now, I'll say goodbye and get back to the thread. Try not to sabotage it again won't you Not that it bothers me, I find you sooooooooooo amusing
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
One sure sign of ignorance is people who are sure about things they know nothing about.

In fact, clicker training can be applied very effectively in such cases. Of course, it begins by not shoving the dog's face into the triggering stimulus. It begins by controlling the environment, and if you pay close attention how we do it with human, it is the same method. Enviromental control is key to behavioral modification.

If Millan ran a rehab clinic, he would shove a junkie in to a crack house and then start hitting them when they tried to use.

My impression is that most owners; specially those enamored with dominance miss all the signals. If you can look at a dog with whale-eye and think it is calm, then your ability to discern canine body language is non-existent.
And your ability to make a balanced post appears to be non-existent. Try not shoving your opinions in the faces of those who think you are an utter joke...................
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post

There you are CC - you see I AM impatient after all !!Bye everyone.
Everyone's tether end is reached at some point, Gnasher!!! I think you've done well to put up with what you have up to now.

It's a shame because this thread was really getting back on track yesterday. I was actually starting to enjoy discussing CM again without people shoving their tripe down your throat and then, log on today and Promethean is playing up (nothing unusual there I suppose) and still more chit chat ripping you apart When will some people learn
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
I get your point too CC and I guess we won't agree so must agree to differ!

I think that it is wrong to choose a method that may cause more problems (as we know that severe punishment can have fallout - eg the dog associating the other dog with owner being extremely harsh to it, and then becoming worse with other dogs because of it - it happens a lot).

Owners trust experts, esp. tv experts... but those experts may have been chosen for their charisma and not their understanding of canine behaviour.

But as I said, we will need to agree to disagree on this one!

Wys
x
Always happy to agree to disagree with you, Wys
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 09:57 AM
Reposting this as CC seems to have missed it.

Deleted as she hadn't!

rune
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2009, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua
I get your point Wys but isn't that what it's all about. You do things one way, CM another. It's all about choice for the dog owners. They get to choose which way they want their dog trained. Horses for courses and all that. What worked for the Michael Vick Pitts might not work for another dog>>>>

Would you bring the same thoughts to teaching children?

Some parents would back a teacher who beat their child---and it might work----does that make it right?

OTOH that child might internalise it and go on to beat their own children.

Simplistic but it will do for an example.

rune
Not really, because we are talking dogs here, not kids. A whole different species

CM doesn't "beat" dogs either. I think (being as you want to associate training of children to dogs) you'd find that even a teacher in today's "hands off" approach, would have the right to restrain a child that was out of control. That's all CM does when you talk about him stringing a dog up and the like. He isn't actually doing anything, just holding the dog on a lead. It's the dog that "strings" itself up by refusing to allow CM to restrain him/her.

If one of my childrens' teachers were to "beat" them, then they'd have a severe problem to deal with (in the form of a very angry me). However, if one of my children were out of control, had lost the plot and the teacher, say, held them in some sort of hold, then I don't see I'd be able to even complain, as the teacher would be acting in the best interests of all in the close vicinity.

You have a right to your opinion (albeit totally different to my own) and I respect it
Closed Thread
Page 80 of 84 « First < 30 70 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 > Last »