Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2009, 03:52 PM

`I used to have one of those....`

Is it a GSD thing? I get stopped so often by people gazing fondly at Daisy and saying longingly...I used to have one of those. Then we usually hear all about their beloved dog. Today we had a guy on a bike (GSD x Collie, lovely coat, bouncy great dog etc) and an elderly lady (overcome with emotion)
It`s very sweet but no-one does it for my Pointers.
Do other breeds inspire this response? Or is it a German Shepherd bonding thing?
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2009, 03:55 PM
I always get 'We've got one of those, yes we've got a husky'

Def something abouy GSD's though as I'd probably say the same if I saw you out walking.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2009, 03:55 PM
We get it a lot...

Although it's always 'we used to have a dalmatian' LOL! I wonder why....
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Yep we get that with our Boxer as well. It's usually followed by "never calm down do they?" or "mad things, aren't they?"!!
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2009, 04:00 PM
I don't. But it all depends on the people round here to what sort of comments I get.

The Asian kids scream at her and the other Asians will cross the road away from her.

Most others will just walk past her (a couple of people will walk the long way past lol or freeze)

and then there are some people who stop her and say how beautiful she is (there is a man on a mobility scooter round here who ALWAYS stops to fuss her. It is lovely)

Most people round here though don't like her becase she is a GSD. It tends to be the kids round here that want to fuss her more than anyone else though (they will generally start to call her over, and THEN ask if she is ok once she is on the way lol)
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-02-2009, 04:01 PM
We kind of do, its normally a friend/family member/work mate had a lab.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2009, 04:01 PM
I get it with the Chis, often in a negative way, like "I/Somebody I know had a Chi and they ripped up the house/pee'd all over the place/bit everything that moved" rarely a nice story
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2009, 04:02 PM
Its a collie thing too, but its usually not them, but their grandad or uncle who had "proper" ones

Then we get asked "what" the grons are?are the black GSDs? are the Collie Xs (OOOOOooo OH LOves that one!!)
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2009, 04:03 PM
I have to say, GSD's do make me gush a bit, I loved my lad so much, as you say, such a bond,

that said I have just as close a bond with kaos... but in a diff way if that makes sense,

I dont often get people gushing over the rotties, but if someone does come towards you in a confidnet manner, they have either owned a good one, or they dont know what they are... lol
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2009, 04:04 PM
You would not believe the number of past Greyhounds there are
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >