Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-07-2018, 07:40 AM

Morning Friday 27th July 2018.

Morning everyone temperature did not get down below 24.5 in the house all night and at the moment still at that temp.
We had rain and thunder and lightning in the early hours Rain to heavy to of done any good we need a nice fine gentle rain not mad bouncing off the ground rain to sink in and feed the plants and trees.
Temperatures here in East Anglia going to soar apparently so muggy and hot and we are glad we are going nowhere today and we will not be walking Dillon far to humid.

We will have some brushing and games if he wants them.

Take care everybody have your fans going and try to stay in if possible.

griff hope the fence gets sorted and that Kota is still doing well.
Harvey hope Casey is managing as best as he can in the temps.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2018, 08:11 AM
Good morning Lynn and all who follow

Yes another hot day following a hot night. Rain forecast for late this afternoon. Out for a hair cut soon and will also do the bank whilst there but nothing else planned. Out early with Teazle and she is now asleep.

Hope the fence is soon sorted Griff. How about a cafe net so at least half your window is covered?

Hope all two and four legged are well

Have a good day and stay as cool as possible.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-07-2018, 08:34 AM
Morning Sue enjoy the haircut I always have a little snooze whilst my hair is being washed.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-07-2018, 08:37 AM
If anyone gets the chance tonight watch out for the lunar eclipse. We have a blood moon I believe we saw it briefly last night it was very low around 9.30. At it's best tonight if we aren't covered in cloud.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2018, 10:56 AM
No rain at all here..no thunder nothing
Waiting for the skip to be collected, got 60 slabs being delivered, a tonne of sand and cement and concrete posts and gravel boards...and all has to be shifted.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2018, 12:50 PM
Good afternoon all.

We had thunderstorms most of the night and a short burst this morning too. Little to no breeze here today so it feels just as hot as the last few days. I absolutely hate this weather.

For years I've been promising myself to get all the paperwork we have stashed into order. I've finally managed it and everything is now sorted and filed properly in one of the sideboard cupboards. It should now be much easier to find stuff when needed (receipts, medical records, etc).

Still not got the loft sorted. That's a job for when the weather finally cools down
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-07-2018, 01:21 PM
Afternoon griff hope the skip gets sorted and all boards etc., delivered.
Good feeling isn't Chris when you get things like that sorted. I agree about leaving the loft till the weather cools down.

29.5 outside here about 20 mins ago.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2018, 03:34 PM
Hi everyone, late on parade. just too hot to do anything I haven't walked Amber since this early morning. Just waiting for the sun to go down. I'll have to take her out soon though. She has taken to going on the patio which is ok as it is easy to clean up.

Hope everyone is managing to keep reasonably cool and above all safe and well, our four legged friends included. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-07-2018, 04:13 PM
Evening Moyra I think everyone is melting.
We are at 28.5 in the house and 29 in the garden. I love the Summer and it being warm but could do with it coming down a few degrees.

We haven't walked Dillon at all today. Will see how warm it is when we get up tomorrow have to be up really early as first viewing at 9.45. If to hot we won't walk him and won't be out for to many hours so he should be fine.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2018, 07:13 PM
Skip eventually got collected..had to postpone the slabs and sand delivery. Then I had to clean the drive, rush to town to get a 40th card for my brother and balloons and banners as he is coming up tomorrow
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >