View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 09:51 PM
Isla has a very high prey drive, but being a Springer she isn't really built for the chase so only generally catches animals that are already at deaths door so to speak.

I've no problem with my dog hunting, it's what she was bred for and she clearly enjoys it. That said it's important to have your dog trained well enough to know when to stop.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

20-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
My grey is actually really good around all dogs big and small but i do put her on a lead if i see a small dog just in case.
I put my dog on a lead because obviously its not the done thing to let your dog kill another !
Oh wind your neck in and get a life for gods sake its not mother nature for dog to kill another dog imo,
Yet your clearly see that your dog may be capable of it and so and responsibly take precautions against that happening.
lurcherlass
New Member!
Female 

11-06-2009, 09:09 AM
Have you got a friend with any pet rabbits etc that is willing to allow you in to their garden on a lead and muzzled so you can see her reaction ?

I have two lurchers...one of them kills outright the other catches but doesnt kill and instead prances around with it in her mouth.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 05:16 PM
I know what her reaction would be - she'd kill it ! but thanks for the suggestion
Page 8 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8