View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Spirit_Storm
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-12-2008, 08:24 PM
When we take ours out for a walk Storm gets very excited when she see`s the ducks on the village pond. If she had her way she would be in there chasing them.
Tinnel
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-03-2009, 07:58 PM
a whippet should not kill a rabbit! ridiculous! it should bring it back to hand unharmed where you should snap its neck. why get a whippet and want it NOT to catch rabbits. thats what they are for.
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 08:30 PM
My friends dog only kills myxy rabbits, its prob kinder that way as they wont have to starve to death. He always brings them back fully dead as a present. Bless him, then we just throw it away.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 08:48 PM
a whippet should not kill a rabbit! ridiculous! it should bring it back to hand unharmed where you should snap its neck. why get a whippet and want it NOT to catch rabbits. thats what they are for.
Why would you want any dog to kill innocent wild animals?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Why would you want any dog to kill innocent wild animals?
Hannaho
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-03-2009, 10:18 PM
ive had a farmer by where i live asking me if i could let my dogs on their land to catch rabbits as there beagles this is what they were bred to do - lol but they had no intrested in looking for rabbits only chasing each other round the feilds! oops at least they had a good run though!!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 10:27 PM
I`ve got 4 dogs with a high prey drive but the Hound is too thick to catch a cold, the new pointer just flushes then loses interest, Daisy will jump in a lake full of ducks and ignore them in favour of her Ballie and the old Pointer...well, yes he would massacre most things - rats, moles, rabbits etc. But he also had excellent recall. I really wouldn`t worry too much. Your dog may not be interested in rabbits, and if he is, you can either work on it or not go to places where there are loads of bunnies. I wouldn`t worry about a problem before it appeared TBH
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Hi i have an ex racing greyhound, prey instinct is inbred and is even more difficult to quell in an ex racer, thats what theyv'e been trained to do - chase ! My dog will chase rabbits and squirrels - even seagulls on the beach and she killed my next door neightbours cat when it came in the garden. I only let her off lead in fields and open land - if she catches a rabbit i'm not worried tbh ! Last time she chased a rabbit she ended up in a load of brambles and got scratched - the rabbit got away !
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 05:17 PM
And why in the heck is allowing a dog to rip apart a wild animal so funny? or have I missed something?
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 05:28 PM
Who said it was funny then ?
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »