Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2007, 10:57 PM

Urgent Paypal Warning!!!

Those of you who have paypal beware of this email...

Dear PayPal Member!

It has come to our attention that your PayPal Billing Information records are out of date. That requires you to update the Billing Information.

Failure to update your records will result in account termination. Please update your records within 48 hours.Once you have updated your account records, your PayPal session will not be interrupted and will continue as normal. Failure to update will result in cancellation of service, Terms of Service (TOS) violations or future billing problems!

I sent an email to paypal as this link asked me to hand over detail like my parents date of birth, NI number, address, my dob, maiden names card details etc...EVERYTHING!

I got suss and emailed them and this was the response:#

Dear Alexandra Lang, Thanks for taking an active role by reporting suspicious-looking emails.The email you forwarded to us is a phishing email, and our security teamis working to disable it. -------------------------
What is a phishing email?------------------------- Phishing emails attempt to steal your identity and will often ask you to reveal your password or other personal or financial information. PayPal will never ask for your password over the phone or in an email and will always address you by your first and last name. Take our Fight Phishing Challenge at https://www.paypal.com/fightphishing to learn 5 things you should know about phishing. You'll also see what we're doing to help fight fraud every day.

so PLEASE do not enter your details!!!!! report it to spoof@paypal.com!!!!

alex
xx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2007, 11:03 PM
saw this one earlier this evening!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-10-2007, 06:45 AM
As with all contact with paypal they will always use your name in e mails NEVER just Paypal member.

I get loads of these and from E Bay as well got one from the Bank Of America the other day that would be ok if i had an account with them.

Maybe they know something i don't and i got millions i don't know about.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-10-2007, 07:44 AM
I have been getting similar things from banks we no longer have accounts with or have never had an account with.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2007, 07:49 AM
Well if I believed all the emails I got I have accounts with every UK bank and a job offer from Sydney Car Centre and the Harvey Investment Company
Becky
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-10-2007, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I have been getting similar things from banks we no longer have accounts with or have never had an account with.
I still pass the E Mails onto the banks even tho i don't bank with them or don't any more, just makes i feel the online banking a little safer you might be the first to report a new attempted scam.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-10-2007, 07:54 AM
I get all them emails as well, I usually report them to the relevant companies.

Ian
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2007, 08:48 AM
If I had a quid for all the times I'm asked for my bank details, I'd be able to buy another handbag

Some plonker even phoned me last weekend asking me to update my details over the phone. He was from Cooperative Bank (alledgedly). I don't have a Cooperative Bank account......

Not very bright....

Dolly
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-10-2007, 09:24 AM
This sort of thing is becoming so rife, hardly a week goes by without someone trying to get all your details from you. The people the e-mail purports to be from should certainly be made aware of what is going on, you really have to have your wits about you these days!