View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 06:49 PM
Moobli your Border Collie is absolutly stunning, and seems to really love what he does. Great photos
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 06:50 PM
Dawn, I would love to see some photos of yours working too.

My mum used to use 1 of her JRT for the same kind of hunting as you use yours for.
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Desmond(GSD) was 9. Elvis(GSD)(one I bred & took back so no laughing @ the name :smt002 )was 10, Shea(BC) was 14(back in the pre SARDA organisation days) & Glen(BC) was 10(he developed Lymphoma otherwise he wouldn't have retired)
Dyane they did well to work to those ages. My mum's JRT retired at 7 I think.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 07:06 PM
Id love to show you some, they demonstrate the versatility of this breed. ill show you some retrieving pics.
Dawn.

Pointer!

Retriever!

Waiting for the command.

Away!!

This one is Ratting, so I posted a link rather than a photo, hope its ok, it may not be suitable for some.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ng1640x480.jpg
Dawn.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 07:12 PM
Fabulous photos Dawn. I have never seen a BT working - really enjoyed those. Fab little dogs.
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 07:13 PM
Fab dog Dawn. Has opened my eye to the nature of a Border Terrier! I know terriers are terriers, but I always looked upon a Border as a lil lap dog!

Can I just ask a quick question Dawn, what with your dog catching his prey, do you ever worry about diseases that the prey carry, and what effect they may have on your dog?

If so, what measures do you take to protect your dog from diseases such as Weals (sp) disease from rats etc?

I only ask out of interest.
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Fabulous photos Dawn. I have never seen a BT working - really enjoyed those. Fab little dogs.
I couldn't agree more!
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 07:18 PM
we've got a ratting day to go to in Feb (one of the shoots has infested pheasie pens), I will take my camera dawn!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by teenytiny View Post
Fab dog Dawn. Has opened my eye to the nature of a Border Terrier! I know terriers are terriers, but I always looked upon a Border as a lil lap dog!

Can I just ask a quick question Dawn, what with your dog catching his prey, do you ever worry about diseases that the prey carry, and what effect they may have on your dog?

If so, what measures do you take to protect your dog from diseases such as Weals (sp) disease from rats etc?

I only ask out of interest.
Thanks both.

Its always at the back of my mind, but thankfully is a rare occurance. Things like Myxamotosis are not a problem to dogs.

Thandi.
Please do!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2006, 02:01 AM
I have Isla an English Springer who I hope to Show and Work (I can here the moans now! ).

I've always loved English Springers, but got tired of seeing the way working Springers have taken shape. Many round here look little like a true Springer, have doubtful temperaments and seem to have only one button - "hyper"!

I'd had my eye on Isla's breeders for a while, but wasn't aiming to own one of their dogs for many years. As life would have it that opportunity came sooner than expected and after nearly a year of preparation here she is.

We're due to attend our first show mid January (should be our second, but I won't go there the little t*rt! ) and she's doing well with her gundog training.

We now have recall to hand signal, voice and whistle command. We began retieves a few weeks ago and she seems to be taking to this well. She will walk to heel on lead, progressing to heel off lead and we're currently learning the stop whistle - which I think she's almost got after day 2!!!!

To say I'm pround is an understatement!
Here she is all ready for a show a few weeks ago at 7 months.

Here are her breeders (Pomo is her Dad.):
http://www.canouan.co.uk/
Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »