Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2006, 02:00 PM

the McCartneys versus the Fur Trade

I have place this under entertainment as it is on TV tonight, but i would hardly actually call it entertainment.

Is anyone going to watch this? i can't decide whether to brace myself and watch it but i dont think i can bear the thought. It focus not only on the usual animals used in the fur trade but also dogs and cats.

apparatly they have secret footage filmed in China of a German Shepherd being skinned alive!!!!! it makes feel sick to think about it!

paul mccartney said the sight of this will stay with him forever
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2006, 02:05 PM
No, afraid I'd rather not see it. Was bad enough watching Watchdog last night with that b*****d selling poorly pups!
colliecrazy1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2006, 02:13 PM
Sorry....I saw enough in Chinna 10yrs ago....never again
AlbionLass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2006, 02:14 PM
I won't be watching it, I seem to be getting less and less able to watch things like that as I get older, plus Heather Mills-McCartney makes me angry for some reason I can't quite put my finger on, she has a distinctly dodgy past, the 'official' version of which she made up herself.

Unfortunately it is getting more and more difficult to tell real fur from fake these days and I'm sure there are people who have bought fur trimmed garments in the belief that it is faux when it was actually taken for a poor animal.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond
No, afraid I'd rather not see it. Was bad enough watching Watchdog last night with that b*****d selling poorly pups!

Oh, i never saw that wufflehound, however there is a picture in the Daily mirror today of all those yorkshire terriers rescued from that dead womans shed, poor little things
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2006, 02:20 PM
i wont be watching it all i dont like to see animals tortured just so someone can wear them round there neck on there back or feet its sick
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by colliecrazy1
Sorry....I saw enough in Chinna 10yrs ago....never again
i can imagine how awfull it was, i have horrible stuff in the newspapers about they way the chinese treat animals
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2006, 02:50 PM
i think it looks ugly seeing fur wrapped round someones neck keep it on the animal it came into the world wearing it let it go out of the world still wearing it
Joanne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2006, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by AlbionLass
Heather Mills-McCartney makes me angry for some reason I can't quite put my finger on
I agree - don't really know anything about her past etc but the few times Ive seen her on TV, there's just something about her that I just cant stand
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2006, 03:25 PM
That was part of the Watchdog program Toby. They showed all those Yorkshire Terriers as well as some dodgy bloke who was selling puppies who were so poorly they actually died as soon as the new owners got them home. I wanted to knock his smarmy head off!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »