Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2004, 07:31 PM

alfie-is he poorly?

Alfies been a bit quiet since last night,hasn't eaten today,(well i just went out and got something tempting and he did eat it,but it's the first thing he's had all day), generally he's just slept all day as well,he had a walk but wasn't his usual energetic self,been racking my brains to think if he's ate something he shouldn't only thing i can think of is on saturday when he went to lap at some lake water that had loads of algae in it,i stopped him drinking it but he may have swallowed a teensy bit,do you think it may have upset his stomach/ should i get him down to the vet?Or is he just having an off day? I don't want to overreact but don't want to leave it if he is poorly.help!
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2004, 07:43 PM
ooh i dont really know what to say as i am no expert and am sure somebody will give you some good advice but what i wanted to say is when max was younger he had a few days like that and i naturally panicked and thought of all the things it could be. If he isnt vommitting or having terrible diaorrhea i wouldnt panick as max always picked up by the next day! I am glad i didnt run to the vet over every little thing or i would be living in a tent by now! just keep an eye on him and see how he is tommorrow i am sure he will be his usual bouncy self
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2004, 08:20 PM
Thanks Katy,i am a bit of a panicker,which is why i thought i'd ask before i get myself wound up,his tummy is fine and he doesn't look in any pain,just lethargic and off his food but if it goes on i'll give the vet a ring tomorrow.i'm clutching at straws a bit with the lake water/algae as it's the only thing i could think that may have made him off colour,didn't know if he could have picked something up from it.
pete
Almost a Veteran

04-10-2004, 09:22 PM
cody was the same yesterday he even had a bit of a runny tum but hes back to normal today bouncin every were, i just put it down to an off day, hope alfie's ok.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

04-10-2004, 11:06 PM
sometimes Rocky goes off his food - he eats better after some good excerise, seems he needs to work up an appetite!
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-10-2004, 05:46 AM
Tink, it could be the algae, but like the rest say see what hes like today. Even if it was something in the water if hes young and fit his body is probably dealing with it and thats why he had an off day just like we do.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2004, 07:50 AM
agree with Rox..... could pos be the algie there is lots of bugs in lake water ...he is prob feeling grotty today if he is sick or has the runs I would then pop him along to the vets but don't worry he is prob dealing with the bugs in his own way....
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-10-2004, 08:01 AM
Hope Alfie is better today
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2004, 08:05 AM
Hope Tink is feeling better today
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2004, 08:46 AM
Thanks for all your messages,Alfie seems livelier today,just gonna keep an eye on him,he's had some breakfast so thats a good sign.Kept him in bed with me last night which is something i never do so i could watch him.although he did pee on the floor this morning TWICE which is unusual for him,gonna give it till this afternoon and see how he is,if anything he's chirpier so i probably just panicked,better to be safe than sorry though eh ?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >