View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2004, 12:21 PM
sorry to hear that Emma ......... I always picked something up when we go to shows it's like a germ ring ........... hence to say it has put me off showing .
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2004, 05:18 PM
Did you immunize the dog for kennel cough before crufts? Don't know if it works or not but I usually immunize mine for it if I know I'm going away and they have to go to a boarding kennel. Mine have never gotten it, but I don't kennel them that often.

My neighbor adopted a dog from an animal shelter and kennel cough was going around. It took about a month for the dog to get better. My sister-in-law bought a puppy from a pet store (I know ), and it came with kennel cough that turned into pnemonia. The dog was a mess for months and cost a lot of money for medical care. He almost died.

I've wondered if the immunization really works. I hope your dog gets better fast.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-10-2004, 10:15 AM
i have had this with our dogs they had the jab and went into kennels but still came home with kennel cough.it doesn't stop them from getting it just makes it a milder form of kennel cough.it is usually treated with tablets and soon goes.
if i think my dog may have kc i wait outside or in the nurses room at the back to stop others from catching it.
dogs are at the vets because some thing is wrong they don't need to catch anything when they are there.
some people don't care about the others but that would change if their dog got some thing.
hope jaz is better soon
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2