Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2004, 09:46 AM

Murphy has squishy poo's

I've had Murphy, the 10 month old Rottie, for just over a week now and since I got him he's had very squishy poo's ( and very runny over the last couple of days) and it doesn't seem to be getting any better, he's currently being fed twice a day on Autarky and Naturediet, the same as my GSD and she's fine on it.

I know that I can give him scrambled egg and rice to firm up his poo's but if the food he's currently on isn't agreeing with his belly then I need to think about switching him onto something else - anyone got any ideas as to what I should do ?

Also - how much should I be feeding him bearing in mind I feed him twice a day ?
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-09-2004, 10:53 AM
Is Murphy getting the same food as he was before he came to you?
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2004, 10:58 AM
It's normal for any dog to have a bit of an upset tummy after rehoming Stephanie. Change of diet, stress, etc.

I've found a few days of fish and potato usually does the trick, then re-introduce his food slowly. If his tummy trouble starts once the main food has been introduced again, then look at changing his diet.
Traci
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2004, 11:58 AM
Hi Stephanie
If it doesnt change maybe you should change the food. My rottie has had very soft poos since i had him and i have just changed the food to burns and they are now firm.

Traci
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by carole
Is Murphy getting the same food as he was before he came to you?
Hi Carole - I doubt it, Murphy was in kennels for 3 weeks so I doubt he was on what I give him, I should of asked them I know !!
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by Wolfie
It's normal for any dog to have a bit of an upset tummy after rehoming Stephanie. Change of diet, stress, etc.

I've found a few days of fish and potato usually does the trick, then re-introduce his food slowly. If his tummy trouble starts once the main food has been introduced again, then look at changing his diet.
Hi Wolfie,

Thanks for the tip on fish and potato. what kind of fish do I give and what the best way to do the potatos for him ? sorry if I'm acting a bit dim LOL
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-09-2004, 12:07 PM
thats probably the reason for it as Wolfie mentioned before.
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by Traci
Hi Stephanie
If it doesnt change maybe you should change the food. My rottie has had very soft poos since i had him and i have just changed the food to burns and they are now firm.

Traci
Hi Traci,

I've heard many people say burns is good for dogs that have squishy poos on other foods. Where do you get your burns from ? Can I get it on-line ?
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2004, 12:54 PM
I find Coley the best fish to use Stephanie. You can but it frozen in most supermarkets. I think it's about 3 quid for 6 blocks. you can microwave it from forzen too, it only takes a couple of mins.

The potatoes just boil and mash, or break down with a fork, no milk or butter, and add the fish to it.

Give him a few days on this, then slowly re-introduce his normal food.
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2004, 01:22 PM
Thanks Wolfie, I don't know why I didn't remember about coley, I used to give it to Jesse when she was a pup and lurrrvvved it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >