View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2004, 04:08 PM
I changed to Burns and haven't looked back. It's all natural ingredients, their favourite being Venison and brown rice.

I used to feed James Wellbeloved too and litters, so if all goes to plan my next litter will be raised on Burns mini bites
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by carole
What about Burns, its a holistic dog food with human grade meat and brown rice.
i would also say bunrs, but it may be hard getting her to eat it cos its not a lot to look at and mine lot will not tuch it unless i add some thing like egg.
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by bellaluna
Yeah Lel

It sounds easy, but I'm a controlfreak and if I was to feed raw, I would need an exact schedule of what to feed when and how much.

I would be too scared of Luna not getting what she should have or getting too much.
i feed raw and this is what i do.

when ever we have a roast dinner i do the dogs veg, they get the ends of the carrots and any that i do not use, they get a bit of ever thing that we have for dinner but uncooked. i then cut it up all very small and put it though my blender, then they get all the veg water that i do not use in the grave. this all goes in to a freezer box and is frozen, when it is hard i brake it up in to the amount that they will have per day and then that goes over there meat, they also get pasta about twice a week with sardines 1 a week and chicken wings when ever i getthem, it works fine for me and the dogs love it. they also get a good multi vit just in case i missed anything
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2004, 07:22 AM
Hi Nat

This sounds very easy, but its not controlled enough (for me!)
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2004, 01:29 AM
it is very easy, and the best thing about it is that YOU know what she is getting, YOU can add things and take it away
ie. extra fat or things like that, if you think you are missing anything out then give them a good multi vit.
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2004, 09:39 AM
where do you get Burns from ?
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2004, 10:01 AM
Natalie, I do the roast dinner thing too- Stus mum also makes a huge dinner for just her and her hubby and gives the rest to our two ( the dogs- not the kids)

Their coats look so much better since being on the raw too

Just wanted to add that in the previous discussion on Iams and the links I put on - there is one that mentions that Iams in particular was actually in deficient in several minerals/vitamins etc although it claimed to be a "complete" food- and food was recalled in America because of this
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2004, 10:27 AM
so do dogs get allt he nutrients and vitamins from feeding raw?

Are dogs not so prone to food poisoning as humans then? i always worry about feeding indie her chicken tripe raw as it seems strange she wont get salmonella from it

I feed JWB mixed with tripe at the moment, altho will be changing to burns or sumin hopefully. Tripes ok isnt it? or is it no good?
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2004, 10:36 AM
Are dogs not so prone to food poisoning as humans then
well given that some of them eat their own and cat poo I suspect they must have tougher stomachs than us - dont forget in the wild they would have eaten anything and everything

with regard to tripe- the green tripe ( available from abbatoirs I think) is the more nutricious as the tripe we get from the butchers is bleached for human consumption and doesnt contain as many nutrients- its still ok to eat though
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2004, 10:38 AM
she gets the dog 'beef and tripe' stuff. Which i have to defrost. my petshop doesnt do the green one
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >