View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2004, 06:40 PM
Bell, I would tend to avoid anything that didn't include 'real' meat as the first ingrediant and show what percentage it makes up in the total amount. That is what I look for personally as the other stuff tends to be 'fillers' to bulk everything up.

But really, it sounds as though your choice is limited and you can only get the best available and I think if your dog does well on the brand you choose for her, with no unhealthy changes to her stools etc and as long as she seems to be thriving on it and most of all, she actually enjoys to eat it (which is always a bonus!) then in that case you will have done the best you can, so don't feel to guilty if you can't find anything that everyone can suggest here.

The most important thing of all is that the food does not contain unessecary sugars and artificial colours, preserves and flavourings...The foods you are looking at may not be technically the best but at least they don't seem to include to much junk and they are both not as rubbish as some.

It does sound like Luna is enjoying what you chose for her anyway and I think the 'gas leaks' will settle down once the food has been fully intergrated for a few weeks and her system has gotton used to it. Or if it doesn't get better then the protein may be a little to high perhaps, but time will tell on that.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2004, 07:05 PM
Hi Myschiveous

Thanks for your post. Yeah I know, there's only so much I can do.

Oh dear, just saw that RC and Hills both are involved in animal testing.

Well I've found a brand which contains "real" meat. Have u heard of Nutro Choice?
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2004, 11:40 PM
I just read the animal testing post too...It is terrible.

I have heard of Nutro Choice and haven't heard anything bad about it, alot of people reccomend it, so it can't be bad. I voted for it before in your poll in the other thread you have.

I hope Luna likes the Nutro, do be careful changing her from the other food that you only just started her on though, too much chopping and changing could wreak havoc!
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2004, 06:56 AM
Hi Mys...

Oh cool, thanks for voting

Luna had the Nutro Choice Large Breed Puppy food as a puppy. The kibbles were just too small in the end, so she just opened her mouth and sucked in!

That's why I changed. But I think that the kibble for adult food are a bit bigger!

I change over 10 days. But I'll wait till I'm almost through this bag before buying the new one.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4