Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-09-2004, 11:55 AM

Chester's poo again

Right... he has been walked every night for the last 2 weeks and still has problems with his poo.

It seems ok in the garden but as soon as he is taken out he has to squeeze one out... now i wonder if it is some sort of stress related, and not food.

The reason i think this is because he came from sleepy Licolnshire (where he grew up as a pup) and now lives with us in Southend-on-sea, where nearly every night is cruise night (noisy and speeding cars)
Although he has been with us for just over a year now, but i still get scared shiteless when bikes and cars fly past

So me being an idiot and deleting the bull breeds forum there were some useful info on there to do with herbal remedies.

Does anyone have any links to any sites, as now we are going down this route...

And some AB's do suffer from (something intorlerance) cannot bloody remember now ops: and definitly do not my boy operated on for sure.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-09-2004, 01:58 PM
Sorry to hear that things are no better with Chester.

is it colitis that AB can suffer from?
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

04-09-2004, 02:08 PM
Hi Kirst I dont mean to be a 'nagger' but did you try that pascoes all in one complete after? Rocky gets runny poo if he eats anything else
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-09-2004, 10:29 AM
Not yet Azz he still has half a bag to get through... will get a bag once the Chappie has gone.

Vets have did check to see if it was colitis, but the tests came back all ok.

They have checked everything they can think of, and there is nothing medically wrong, which is why this is so confusing... i think its stress or even excitement of some sort when he is out.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2004, 10:43 AM
Hmm it does sound like you are on to something there.

Its worth a try.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2004, 02:07 PM
I'm not sure whether this is what you're looking for Kirsty, but it's worth looking at

http://www.provet.co.uk/health/disea...alremedies.htm
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2004, 10:45 PM
Kirsty...If I am understanding your topic correctly...It sounds very similar to my puppy.

Keena is will be 6 months in one weeks time and it sounds as if she has the same problem. She has had problems with loose poops on and off ever since we first had her...but even though she can and does sometimes have firm poops at home in the yard, although not as often as we would like, as soon as she steps outside I know I am going to soon have at least one messy one to clean up It's really not fun!

I switched her food to James Wellbeloved complete dry and NatureDiet because of the lack of additives etc to help with her digestion and she is looking really well on it and gaining weight nicely and growing very well but still she has this problem...I have no idea why, I have thought it could be anxiety or something too but she never appears anxious outside..When she was new to walks she was very shy indeed and it took her about three weeks before she finally became confident with people and other dogs and now she is so friendly and outgoing and loves to meet everyone so I have no idea why she would be anxious anymore.

Although I can completly see how all of the craziness of fast cars and big groups of noisy people would affect your dog...Would there be a way to drive her some place more quiet for some walks and see if that helped with possible stress?...I know it's not easy.

I hope your Chester gets over his problem and that my puppy does too cuz it's not fun!...I would just like one normal poop to have to pick up instead of worrying about how I am going to scrape them off the ground...lol...Other than this problem my puppy is fit and healthy, most of the time she has a pritty good appetite and is wormed regularly, eats a hypoallergenic diet and so sometimes I am puzzled as to what's wrong...

The one thing I can think of with my puppy is that she has eaten some crazy stuff that she shouldn't. All the time she has been teething anything and everything goes in the mouth and she is getting so tall when she stands up on her back legs now that it is difficult sometimes to make sure everything is out of reach. She has stollen a pair of my mums pop sock things, you know like tights that just go up to the knee (funny things that I would never wear...lol)...Anyway the first time she stole them, I went out to retrive them, she dropped one of them and kept the other in her mouth and I'll be darned if she didn't swallow it whole in one gulp before I could fetch it from her, I couldn't belive she did that so easy without even the slightest choke. I was so worried that it was going to cause trouble but the next day she pooped it out, she was off colour for the day but then she was fine. Then she did the same damn thing the other day but I didn't even know. We were in my mums garden and she stole them from the washing line without me knowing until the next morning when she went to the toilet and this time we were not so lucky as to have her evacuate them herself...part came out and :smt009 we had to help her with the rest, it was very early in the morning and our stomaches were not strong enough to cope with such a situation!...Anyway, I don't take my eyes off her at all right now because I am almost positive the silly stuff she thinks she needs to swallow does not help things at all.

Be sure to keep us updated because I certainly would like any information that I could possible use for our situation

Good luck.
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-09-2004, 10:39 AM
We had to take him off James Wellbeloved as there was no difference, he has been abit better on Chappie... and yesterday i went a got some worming tablets for him (£7.50 for 2 tablets )

Its hard to get away from all the noise... we have a busy dual carriageway oneside and another the otherside and loads of little streets in the middle... with all the noise, we do try and leave it as late as possible when its abit quieter.

Will keep you updated on any developments
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

07-09-2004, 01:30 PM
The fact that hes a bit better on Chappie makes me think PASCOES will really help him!! pleas try it Kirsty I wont stop naggin till u do!
(it's only about £2.50 for a small bag)

(When you do get around to feeding him it make sure he has no other food/treats.)
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

07-09-2004, 01:32 PM
p.s. you mentioned b4 that you still have some James welbeloved left... we had a full bag of the 'racer' food and half a bag of the biggest Burns food... which were sitting in the store room for yonks, and now they are on the fire stack ready to be burnt! lol
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >