Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jutus
New Member!
Male 

22-02-2017, 09:02 PM
Thanks To all

I got the Dog and we are having a Great time, She is amazing and Lovable

here is a Picture from her the first Few Minutes in the house annnd this is her old Blue Blanket

I dont know why but she keeps chowing on her blanket But when i give her a new one she sites and cuddles

Im a Happy Owner I will have more photos it is just late at night and we are tired
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-02-2017, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
I still think it's the wrong choice of dog.
You and me both
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2017, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by Jutus View Post
Thanks To all

I got the Dog and we are having a Great time, She is amazing and Lovable

here is a Picture from her the first Few Minutes in the house annnd this is her old Blue Blanket

I dont know why but she keeps chowing on her blanket But when i give her a new one she sites and cuddles

Im a Happy Owner I will have more photos it is just late at night and we are tired
She is beautiful Jutus but I am very concerned for her. Constant repetitive actions - such as chewing on her blanket - can indicate stress. This could be understandable as she has only just come into your home, but I am worried nonetheless.

I am delighted that you are so pleased and happy with her - but I am worried that she may not feel the same way. I am more than happy to be proved wrong, and I hope I am wrong, time will tell. I just think this is not a good choice of dog for a novice ... I have had northern breeds for 20 years now, and without blowing my own trumpet I can confidently say that there are very few people on this planet who would have suffered the lifestyle changes that we have suffered as a family in order to accommodate our choice of dog. I await your updates with much interest and cannot wait to see more photographs. I can only wish you the very best of luck, but please don't hesitate to ask for help - I am sure you are going to need it!!

What is her name?
Jutus
New Member!
Male 

22-02-2017, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
You and me both
Guys Guys this ( she is the wrong type of dog is not helpful )

she was with a Family that had Kids and they only used her to make the Kids happy and it looks Like they did not do any training other then poop out side Because she already urinated
2 times inside the house without any warning( SO I CAN USE SOME ADVICE ON THIS )

with me She will get all the joy and exercise she needs and a HAPPY WARM HOME. Me and my wife and our 2 sons are very happy to have her with us

Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2017, 09:13 PM
Lovely dog Jutus - we still do not know her name?

I really hope this works out for you, but please bear in mind that it is a real commitment to take on a northern breed, they are not easy and they totally bond with their human pack very quickly and are devastated when things fall apart and they have to be rehomed, as often happens.

Is your back yard totally secure? These dogs are supreme escape artists and can scale seemingly unscalable barriers!!
Jutus
New Member!
Male 

23-02-2017, 11:44 PM
Ok I need help before ii return this Dog back

she has not sleept more then 2 hours in the last 24 hours and she is always wants to play

She has this bad Habit I should Have noticed this over there
this family For some reason have always put there hands in her mouth as a PLAY thing, When he did this Over there while he was talking to me I was shocked BUT over Looked it to fast, NOW she has Bit me 4 / 5 times
and it happens when I want to grab her by the collar @ the 3 time I showed her who is BOSS and I am sure she got it AFTER 20 minutes again she BIIT me on my chin while Licking me WHATS UP WITH THIS ??

I took her to a small garden around the corner from our house where all the dogs poop so she can do her Business SHE rolled upside down rubbing her body and her neck all over a certain spot but this was not a normal rub NO she rubbed all her body several times whats this all about ??

Man This dog has no training in her what so ever this dog needs alot of work alot
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2017, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by Jutus View Post
Ok I need help before ii return this Dog back

she has not sleept more then 2 hours in the last 24 hours and she is always wants to play

She has this bad Habit I should Have noticed this over there
this family For some reason have always put there hands in her mouth as a PLAY thing, When he did this Over there while he was talking to me I was shocked BUT over Looked it to fast, NOW she has Bit me 4 / 5 times
and it happens when I want to grab her by the collar @ the 3 time I showed her who is BOSS and I am sure she got it AFTER 20 minutes again she BIIT me on my chin while Licking me WHATS UP WITH THIS ??

I took her to a small garden around the corner from our house where all the dogs poop so she can do her Business SHE rolled upside down rubbing her body and her neck all over a certain spot but this was not a normal rub NO she rubbed all her body several times whats this all about ??

Man This dog has no training in her what so ever this dog needs alot of work alot
Jutus ... I am going to be harsh here and say "I told you so". If you are upset by the very boisterous behaviour of an adolescent husky who clearly has had no or little training then as I feared you are NOT a suitable owner for a northern breed.

Firstly, you do not show a dog who is boss - inferring you used some sort of physical dominance? With a husky - they are very large, powerful dogs and left untrained are very rough and boisterous. You train them by being gentle but consistent, standing tall, keeping your hands out of the way and controlling their space with your body language. \use your voice "No! Sit! Down! at the same time gently nudging them with a knee if necessary to stop them jumping all over you. When the dog is calmer, you can then pat and praise with your hands. This dog clearly has never been taught not to play bite - just the opposite by the sounds of it! - so it is entirely natural that he is mouthing you - not biting you. If she bit you you would have blood and wounds.

Have you taken her out for a walk? Just she just spend her time in that small back yard? A husky needs miles of walking every day, which is why I recommended a bicycle with a springer. She is awash with energy, poor dog, which is why she is not sleeping.

My heart bleeds for her - this is precisely why northern breeds end up in rescues so often. It is people like you who just do not listen - I call it Snow Dog Syndrome - you have seen the dog and fallen in love and want one.

Poor, poor dog.
Jutus
New Member!
Male 

24-02-2017, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Jutus ... I am going to be harsh here and say "I told you so". If you are upset by the very boisterous behaviour of an adolescent husky who clearly has had no or little training then as I feared you are NOT a suitable owner for a northern breed.

Firstly, you do not show a dog who is boss - inferring you used some sort of physical dominance? With a husky - they are very large, powerful dogs and left untrained are very rough and boisterous. You train them by being gentle but consistent, standing tall, keeping your hands out of the way and controlling their space with your body language. \use your voice "No! Sit! Down! at the same time gently nudging them with a knee if necessary to stop them jumping all over you. When the dog is calmer, you can then pat and praise with your hands. This dog clearly has never been taught not to play bite - just the opposite by the sounds of it! - so it is entirely natural that he is mouthing you - not biting you. If she bit you you would have blood and wounds.

Have you taken her out for a walk? Just she just spend her time in that small back yard? A husky needs miles of walking every day, which is why I recommended a bicycle with a springer. She is awash with energy, poor dog, which is why she is not sleeping.

My heart bleeds for her - this is precisely why northern breeds end up in rescues so often. It is people like you who just do not listen - I call it Snow Dog Syndrome - you have seen the dog and fallen in love and want one.

Poor, poor dog.

That is soooooooo FUNNY AT the end of your post you say PEOPLE LIKE ME what does this mean ??
Me who just got her for 24 hours or the family who had her for 9 months just to please there kids ////

we walked and talked and did every thing there is, BUT she has not been trained not for one single day

all she knows is to site for a treat and that is it DO YOU KNOW SHE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW HER NAME THANKS TO THE FIRST FAMILY NOT MEEEEEEEE

ME AND MY WIFE DID EVERY THING FOR THIS DOG it looks like she has to go back OR we put her through a training class witch i am still thinking about it

So to make this short Please edit your POST and remove the part that says (((( PEOPLE LIKE YOU ))) WHAT YOU REALLY WANT TO SAY IS PEOPLE LIKE the previous owners
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-02-2017, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post

Poor, poor dog.
Yes. Bad situation. But he was offered advice.
You can take the horse etc...
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2017, 09:21 AM
No Jutus - I include you in the phrase PEOPLE LIKE YOU!! Because you did not listen to my or other people's advice. I have owned northern breeds for 20 years - and have the moonscape of a garden to show for it. And solid mahogany doors ripped to shreds by strong claws - all this and the dogs have never been home alone!!

For a first time dog owner, I would say don't get a northern breed - cut your teeth on something much easier.

I do not blame you for the fact that the poor girl for 9 months has known no rules, boundaries and limitations - that is not your fault. But you knew what you could potentially be taking on because we warned you ... as gently as we could. If you really, really want to make a go of this, seek out a reputable dog trainer who will come to your house and work through things with you - you cannot just send her away somewhere, it has to be you doing the hard work. You have a supremely intelligent dog here, it won't be difficult and it won't take long - but one thing that dog will need above everything else is exercise. Without exercise, you will never get anywhere with her. Cesar Millan is correct when he advises exercise, exercise, exercise. After a good long walk, you will then have a dog who is calmer and more receptive. It sounds like she responds well to treats ... I personally do not like to train with treats, but if this is what trips her trigger, then fine.

If you cannot make this level of commitment, then let go now before any more damage is done to this beautiful creature.

Sorry to be harsh Jutus, but the truth often hurts. Good luck x gnasher x
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >