Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2014, 08:17 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Enjoy! Two things to remember - do not put the lid down on a stone surface - I put mine down on a wooden chopping board. Second thing - those glass containers are very heavy.

The one I originally bought had a mistake in the size - it said it was a 5 litre but turned out to be a 15 litre so it went back as I could not lift the thing! I do have a lid holder for when I take it off but am always worried as it wobbles, hence putting it down on the wooden board. I also have a ring extension that sits on the top under the lid to make the capacity larger if necessary.

They are very useful things and I am happy with mine. But just because it is small enough for me to cope with and not too heavy!

So enjoy!
Thanks and I will; I miss baking but just cannt be on my feet long enough to enjoy it. Just to be able to pop in a few scones etc or a chicken portion or three.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-06-2014, 08:37 AM
Rosebud honeybunch - please do me a favour and check the size and weight before you buy one? Because that Cookworks one you mention is big and is heavy and is a 17litre one - and even my little 3.5 litre one is plenty big enough for even a whole small chicken.

And I would hate for you to buy something you cannot lift. Been there, done that, and do know what I am saying.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2014, 11:12 AM
Rosebud honeybunch - please do me a favour and check the size and weight before you buy one? Because that Cookworks one you mention is big and is heavy and is a 17litre one - and even my little 3.5 litre one is plenty big enough for even a whole small chicken.

And I would hate for you to buy something you cannot lift. Been there, done that, and do know what I am saying.
total weight is 6.5 k which is ok .
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

03-06-2014, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
total weight is 6.5 k which is ok .
Could be but I could not lift that empty, let alone with food in.

Just checked and I weigh 49.3kg [the diet is working!!!!!!] - put my Halogen Oven - in its box and packing, as I keep it - on the scales [nearly dropping it in the process ] and it weighed just over 3kg.

But I do have useless arms and cannot lift or carry much, so hopefully yours will be fine for you. They are great little things and cost very little to run. So enjoy!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2014, 12:34 PM
Could be but I could not lift that empty, let alone with food in.

Just checked and I weigh 49.3kg [the diet is working!!!!!!] - put my Halogen Oven - in its box and packing, as I keep it - on the scales [nearly dropping it in the process ] and it weighed just over 3kg.

But I do have useless arms and cannot lift or carry much, so hopefully yours will be fine for you. They are great little things and cost very little to run. So enjoy!
Thank you for all your advice and concern, Malka

well, it will have its place as i have space and there it will sit in splendour. no intention of carrying it round and will decant food etc. arms are pretty strong even now; using forearm and elbow until wrist heals. i carry great stock pots of water daily using forearm .

no idea what that all is in lbs but clearly well done.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

04-06-2014, 04:34 AM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
Thank you for all your advice and concern, Malka

well, it will have its place as i have space and there it will sit in splendour. no intention of carrying it round and will decant food etc. arms are pretty strong even now; using forearm and elbow until wrist heals. i carry great stock pots of water daily using forearm .

no idea what that all is in lbs but clearly well done.
Some possibly useful information for you. The Cookworks model says it comes with two racks but does not say or show what they are. My mini Halogen oven only came with a little rack which was not high enough to use for, shock horror, oven chips, but as I tend to keep things "that might come in handy one day" I had another rack that fitted it.

Still not high enough but a small [clean, of course] tuna tin, minus lid and base, sat on one rack and the second rack sat on that...

...solved the problem!

And Amazon have some very cheap recipe books/booklets for Halogen cookers in case you need them - which I very much doubt. It should also come with full instructions and also a recipe book, so use in good health and enjoy!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2