View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Robert
Dogsey Senior

25-04-2004, 07:45 PM

Looks like a nightmare week ahead

A friend phoned this afternoon to say he was a way next week and and he'd been let down by his dog sitter, when he said he'd got some one else lined up, I stupidly said well if we can help let us know.............guess what? it now appears we've got Baranaby the beagle staying with us for the next 5 days...........why oh why did I open my big mouth.
Its not that "Barns" is a bad dog, its just that he knows no fear and has no social skills what so ever, he crashs in to any other dogs he meets expecting them to play, and his re-call is non-existent, I've spent many a miserable hour roaming the country side shouting out his name, only to find he's spent the afternoon or morning at the local kennels being waited on hand and foot.He's also an escape artist so even in our fully secure garden ( to a normal dog that is) he has to be on a lead. He can't be trusted alone even for a few minutes, any thing that fits in to his mouth is fair game for a good chewing.
And to top up it all I can't really take him out for walks because I've got stitches in my hand after surgery and I'm not supposed to walk to far because of the meds I'm taking.
I'm going to be really positive about this though, I'm going to have him sitting and at least some recall after the week, after all Heidi and I trained one another so why not Barnaby too, you never know he may be the first gundog trained beagle down this way
Robert
Dogsey Senior

25-04-2004, 07:48 PM
I just noticed I'm a junior member, its a long time since I've been a junior, although I've been called a member once or twice
my_boy_sonny
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-04-2004, 07:50 PM
While everything around you is going crazy just be happy in the fact that somewhere there will be someone in a worse situation than you - if that doesn't work scream

Sam x
Joe
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-04-2004, 07:50 PM
Bring Barns round here - he'll fit in well with Norman
Chloe
Dogsey Senior

25-04-2004, 08:03 PM
Willis could eat him for you, if all else fails.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

25-04-2004, 08:30 PM
serously tho, I think it was unfair of your mate to expect u to dog sit so soon after your op. He could've found a kennels right?

I bet u r a nice person too - cos things like this always happen to the nice guys!
Robert
Dogsey Senior

28-04-2004, 06:29 PM
I was right to expect the worst, day 3 and I've phoned my friend and told him we can't cope, I've booked Barnaby in to the local kennels, they can't take him till tomorrow afternoon though.
I'm doing so much shouting at him that Heidi is hiding away all the time, she's just not used to raised voices, and I'm just not going to have that, Heidi lives here and she is not going to feel unconfortable in her home.
He's scratched both wings rear on Mrs K's MR2 jumping up on it, marked the roof of it with his nails, broken a planter, chewed through a pair of shoes, fortunately they were old, dug holes all over the garden and he's constantly jumping up on the dining room table and backs of sofa's to look out the window.
I feel awful for not being able to cope with him, but what I'm really p****d about is the fact that people can have dogs, do absolutely nothing with, even though I've lent his owner books, and printed I don't know how much stuff off the internet for them. them and then they just expect other people to put up with them when they feel like a week away.
But the saddest thing is I tried to teach Barnaby to sit and as I raised the treat over heis head he cringed in front of him, so its plain the sort of discipline he gets at home.

eRaze
Administrator
Male 

28-04-2004, 06:33 PM
good for u!

Hope ur mate gets the message this time
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-04-2004, 07:12 PM
I hate it when people get dogs and make no effort to train them