Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 02:42 PM

An Unlikely Dog Dream

I've been thinking a lot about the future and what I want. I've often said that when I have a big enough house/garden I'd like to have a set of 6 kennels or something like that and have them as rescue kennels so I can take on any dog safely and help rehabiliate them before rehoming...but recently I've been thinking what would be even better...
I'd love to live in a house with enough land that has a kennels/cattery on site and I could run a boarding kennels, with a few blocks set apart for rescue dogs. But looking online it looks highly unlikely that'll ever happen.
Most seem to be around the 1/2 a million mark, which I guess I understand, just sad that money is never going to materialise in that amount to be able to buy
Oh well. I guess I have to realistic and realise I may still be able to have my much smaller dream, one day.

What unlikely dog dreams do you have for the future? Let's share them here and imagine what it would be like
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 03:56 PM
I once saw a house for sale in my local paper. It was a big main house with lovely gardens with a stable block and three large paddocks and a woodland with a small lake in which were 6 holiday let cabins.

I would love to buy that house and turn it into a dog activity holiday spot. With agility and training available in the gardens, social walks every day through the woods and sometimes by doggy bus around the area... The three fenced paddocks I would turn into the green, amber and Red fields. Green field paddock left with the horse fence as is with a simple kissing gate entrance for friendly dogs who love a game and have good recall. The amber paddock with a higher fence for mostly friendly dogs who can't always be trusted off lead, or who may have some dog issues, people using the amber paddock should be aware that other dogs in the paddock may need some special consideration and the Red paddock with a 6ft fence and lockable gate for Dog aggressive dogs, rules of the red paddock would be if the gate is open go in and lock it with the key you book from the main house and raise the little red flag to show there is an aggressive dog off lead in the paddock, if the flag is raised or gate is locked wait for the current user to leave, always leave the gate unlocked and lower the flag (like the ones on american mailboxes) if you are not in the paddock, so others can see that it is available. Possibly a booking times sheet might also be available... I'd let my trainer and Kennel manager sort out the details

I would convert the stables to Kennels and offer boarding and daycare for the holiday cabins as well as take in occasional rescue dogs...

We only need 3.6million! If I win the lottery,I'll need some staff to keep the place running. Someone to look after the holiday cabins, a kennel manager and a dog trainer definitely.

I'll let you know where to apply
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Magpye consider my application on it's way to you.

My unlikely dog dream is to be the kennel manager on QM2 Cruise ship. I discovered the other day they let dogs on the ship and there is a kennel manager who looks after them they get there own homemade meals, walsk on the deck there is a specific doggy play area, there own life jackets and they get evacuated 1st in an incident to prevent owners tryingt to get to them and causing a bigger disaster
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Magpye consider my application on it's way to you.

My unlikely dog dream is to be the kennel manager on QM2 Cruise ship. I discovered the other day they let dogs on the ship and there is a kennel manager who looks after them they get there own homemade meals, walsk on the deck there is a specific doggy play area, there own life jackets and they get evacuated 1st in an incident to prevent owners tryingt to get to them and causing a bigger disaster
that sounds so fun
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 04:19 PM
my dream is to have a huge house, so i can add more dogs in ( i want so many!) and have a stable block and horses. id love to have a riding school, and a boaring kennels too all in one place...

my other dream would be to own my own farm i come from a long line of farming, and im a farmers girl at heart, id love one of my own.
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Mine is to get a smallholding (which I will have!) with enough land to have the horses in (I have 6) and a small caravan park where you can bring as many dogs as you like (most places have a restriction of 2), right on the edge of forestry so dogs can be walked in the forestry and have a open all year 'farm ride' for horse riders.I also want to be able to do horse holiday livery.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
Mine is to get a smallholding (which I will have!) with enough land to have the horses in (I have 6) and a small caravan park where you can bring as many dogs as you like (most places have a restriction of 2), right on the edge of forestry so dogs can be walked in the forestry and have a open all year 'farm ride' for horse riders.I also want to be able to do horse holiday livery.
can i come and stay
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 04:49 PM
i would love a boarding kennels. only a small one so i can give the dogs good one on one attencion. it would be a cross between one of those dog boutiqe hotels and a normal boarding kennels with a huge paddock for off lead walks
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 08:57 PM
Glad I'm not the only one with a dream like this. I'd love to work in yours magpye and I love your traffic light system!
Lovely dreams everyone Let's hope we all get them!