Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 06:32 PM

Tree hugging

Is there anything wrong with it? Have been thinking about and mean no offence or disrespect to anyone at all(n did post in another thread, didn't mean to upset ). Trees have so much, they have seen,felt, witnessed,experienced many things and are very much taken for granted If you think about all the things a very old tree absorbs in it's lifetime and stays standing it is very special and all young trees too ,if allowed to grow. I love trees
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Oh I love trees especially the very old ones with the great big lovely trunks and the feet There are some round here that must be over 100 years old. On a large estate here they have just planted 300 different trees and the poor workman has had to build a wooden cage around each one. He is nearly finished but a bit fed up now.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 08:54 PM
I absolutely love trees, but I don't feel the need to hug them! For one thing, you can't really appreciate their full beauty at such close quarters

Now I did hear about a young chap, a friend of a friend, who...let's say.... liked going mushroom picking. On the Mendip hills. In Autumn.... need I say more? Apparently, after one such excursion he took tree hugging to another level... I can't say much more but I think it involved getting a little TOO cuddly with an attractive, mature, wide-girthed rough-barked specimen with knobbly bits at the right level. Ahem.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Oh dear, poor tree.....
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Oh I'm a huge tree hugger, the bigger the better Where our holiday caravan is sited, is set in 250 acres of really ancient forest, and when we walked deep into the depths of it one day with the doglets, off the main path, we saw THE most amazing trees you could only dream of!!! One must have stood there hundreds if not thousands of years, it was enormous, and looked a really weird shape (but then being old aren't we all!!!!) Oh I hugged that baby for ages
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 10:21 PM
Don't hug them but like them Have you seen the massive slice of tree in the natural history museum in London? It has a story can't remember it at the mo!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-01-2011, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
If you think about all the things a very old tree absorbs in it's lifetime and stays standing it is very special and all young trees too ,if allowed to grow. I love trees
Wood is an amazing material which has been badly exploited in centuries past (Think of all those wooden, houses, sailing ships, machines, etc) In Europe thankfully it is now being better controlled.

Around here I am thankful that we have some natural forrest which has not been maintained, most are Spruce and Pine which are not my favourite trees but also a lot of Silver Birch, Beech, Linden, and even some Oak which are wonderful to look at.

You can choose to be buried under a tree if you wish, I have thought about that too
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

30-01-2011, 10:47 AM
Always thought that they did this because they wanted to touch something that had a higher intelligence than them
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Thankyou for all your interesting replies keep on hugging
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 12:00 PM
I love trees, they have such amazing stories, live such long lives. I worked in a tree nursery for 5 years, I planted them, watered them, kept the weeds at bay, and dug them up, loaded them on trucks, and sometimes, I planted them in their forever homes
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >