View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 03:06 PM

I have just seen what £100 gets you in rottie pups.

someone who lives near by has just bought a rottie pup, she went to Hartlepool I think?

its sixteen weeks old, cost £100.

could any rottie owners on here post photos of there pups in and around that age just to give me a comparison.

His proud new owner wants to stud him later......

Im saying nowt.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 03:32 PM
funny shona, My OH was telling me his mate just bought a rottie pup, £150, but had been 11 pups in the litter and they had tried to sell them for £500 quid each and eventually cos no buyers his mate got his for £150. Havent seen the pup myself, and HUbby did say he thinks its going to be big as its paws were MASSIVE, but as to breeding no idea. Thats someone in Broxburn though...no idea where he was bought from.

Have to say there are a shedload of them at moment and people are selling at silly prices to get rid.... sad state of affairs all round really.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 03:51 PM
there are a couple of breeders in Broxburn,

I think many breeders are struggling to sell dogs just now,

I know I dont have enough people on my waiting list to breed holly again this season,

I guess they wouldnt be in the situation of having to sell pups for next to nothing if they had people waiting, poss making a loss on litters is the only way they will reduce breeding.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
there are a couple of breeders in Broxburn,

I think many breeders are struggling to sell dogs just now,

I know I dont have enough people on my waiting list to breed holly again this season,

I guess they wouldnt be in the situation of having to sell pups for next to nothing if they had people waiting, poss making a loss on litters is the only way they will reduce breeding.
yes I think it should be an incentive not to breed really,I dont know how much recent attacks reported have made it more difficult but there did seem to be a constant flow of adverts for pups on all the crappy sites and so many handed in to rescue ( staffies anyway) over the last 6 months that i cant imagine it being much better for rotts.