View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2009, 08:20 PM
Thanks for that luvlee!!!!My collies are highly trained but so so so naughty!!!! i love them like that, i love their quirkiness!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2009, 09:23 PM
Mish I truly don't think anyone was being offensive though. I totally adore collies and have experience of them, I love them to bits. I also see how different they are to breeds like springers/Flat Coats ....
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-05-2009, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Thanks for that luvlee!!!!My collies are highly trained but so so so naughty!!!! i love them like that, i love their quirkiness!
Betty my collie is like that, I think Collies are quirky, and I like that as well.
ajshep1984
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-05-2009, 11:39 PM
I wouldn't say either was more intelligent than the other, they're both intelligent but in different ways.

I prefer the border collie type of intelligence but sadly it's lacking in my own border collie.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-05-2009, 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
That made me laugh more than I have laughed in days. Thanks for that Phil. I owe you a beer!!!
All things considered I'm so glad you saw the funny side Pidge.

I'm sure in the years to come you will (like me with Fingal) read about somebody elses Springer problems and tell your Woody tales by means of advice.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 07:58 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Mish I truly don't think anyone was being offensive though. I totally adore collies and have experience of them, I love them to bits. I also see how different they are to breeds like springers/Flat Coats ....
But i FOUND it really offensive even if not trying to be, intelligence IS different within breeds, but its ridicalous to imply Collies dont have a brain , ie just do like robots. it is offensive to the DOGS
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
But i FOUND it really offensive even if not trying to be, intelligence IS different within breeds, but its ridicalous to imply Collies dont have a brain , ie just do like robots. it is offensive to the DOGS
Good job dogs can't read then.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by ajshep1984 View Post
I wouldn't say either was more intelligent than the other, they're both intelligent but in different ways.

I prefer the border collie type of intelligence but sadly it's lacking in my own border collie.
My collie Betty is lacking in the brains dept too, we think Brinley a staffie/collie x has all the brains!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Good job dogs can't read then.
My Bitch can spell,
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 12:01 PM
in my experiance, collies are smarter, I owned one, did obed with him, he out smarted me a lot of the time, he was my first dog, springers I find are just more hyper making training more of a challenge, when a dogs head is all over the place its hard to get the focus you need.

springers are a challenge so are collies but both in very diff ways. Springers are more thug like in there approach, collies are more calculating,.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >