Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Owens
New Member!
Female 

10-05-2009, 10:55 AM

Help!! With FTCH....What are these?

Hello...

I need some information about my Cocker Spaniels paper work. I have just bought her and am new to all this so have no clue what these papers are about. She is KC reg...Her mum (dam) is (KC name) Kenmilfore Nutmeg and her dad (sire) is Chyknell Goldstar.
She also came with a 5 generation certificate of pedigree. I have been googling some of the names and found that she has 30+ FTCH in her ancestry including 5 Cocker championship winners
Can anyone explain to me what all this means?
What is the cocker championship? Is it a hard competition to win? What is involved with it? And the dogs who enter?

Any info..Much Appreciated

Thanks
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 11:10 AM
FT CH means Field Trial CHampion. Basically it would seem from her pedigree that she is more than likely from working stock rather than show stock. There can be considerable differences in looks between the two types.
The Cocker Championships would be the main working show for Cockers but I'm sure someone who actually works cockers can tall you a bit more about hat!
Becky
Owens
New Member!
Female 

10-05-2009, 11:13 AM
Thanks very much for that
Owens
New Member!
Female 

10-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Does anyone know more about this competition? How many dogs enter? etc....

Thanks Trudy
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 11:24 AM
Click here for this years event results.
Becky
Owens
New Member!
Female 

10-05-2009, 11:38 AM
Thanks Your a star!
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Chyknell Goldstar unfortunately gets studded out to breeders who illegally dock, as in selling them via free ads, not to those to whom each certificate should pertain to the buyer with appropriate licence to work the docked dogs...
The docking is only supposed to be done on an individual basis of specific licence for specific pup but some vets are still doing it `wholesale` on one cert for the lot

You might need to check into appropriate licensing for the ownership of yours if yours has had the tail docked, [ correct certification would/should be needed if you do go on to compete I believe ? ].

There are a few Kenmilfore dogs on the Agility circuit - but - Kenmilfore was the word used by The Kennel Club for dogs born in 2004 for breeders who don`t have an affix - [ different word used each year as far as I know ? ], such breeders are often not considered as particularly reputable/ethical breeders I`m afraid, [ I`m sure someone more up on KC reg can correct me if I`m wrong on that name ? ].

Did the breeder not give you any information regarding Field Trials ?
Surely if a pedigree is a good one for throwing great working dogs it would be in the breeders interests to sell to experienced people who will want to further the reputation of those lines
Owens
New Member!
Female 

10-05-2009, 11:49 AM
Hi, Thanks for your response

Yes she has been docked however, I do have a certificate from "Barclay Moore Partnership" vets stating that she was legally docked and it has been signed and stamped by both the vet and the breeder. I did not purchase her form the breeder so was unable to ask her any questions. She is one year old and we bought her from a couple who had her as a family pet.
Also, her pedigree certificate has not been signed by the breeder. Does this mean that it is of no use to me?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 11:52 AM
Technically no docked dog should be sold as a pet as they can only be legally docked for work. However, as you have got her 2nd hand, so to speak, then no sure on the ruling for that.
With regards to her pedigree, unless you have her KC registration papers then the pedigree is effectively meaningless sorry!
Becky
Owens
New Member!
Female 

10-05-2009, 12:01 PM
She was docked by the breeder before being sold so I don't know if she intended to sell her as a working dog or if the couple told her that she was going to be a working dog?
I do have her KC papers stating that her mum and dad are Chyknell Goldstar and Kenmilfore Nutmeg. It also has there Reg Num on it and the Sire's stud book No. There are also a few numbers next to there names on the papers... (AB3) by the sire's and (AE4) by the dam's....what do they mean?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >