Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 09:09 PM
It really isn't a massive deal.
It could be a 'massive deal' if the jogger reported the incident. Technically, they would well be within their rights to do so. Bull type breeds (and mixes of) are not exactly favoured in the most the positive lights which could also go against the OP.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
It could be a 'massive deal' if the jogger reported the incident. Technically, they would well be within their rights to do so. Bull type breeds (and mixes of) are not exactly favoured in the most the positive lights which could also go against the OP.
As far as I'm aware, the dog "barked and jumped up" to the jogger. Can't imagine any action being taken against a dog/owner for that If the dog had meant to harm the jogger, I'm sure it would have, particularly as the jogger was shouting and waving his arms about, which could have frightened the dog.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
).

I :

It .

Best of luck with sorting it out. It really isn't a massive deal. It's not like your dog bit the jogger or even attempted to. Just got a little over-excited by the sound of it.
As far as I'm aware, the dog "barked and jumped up" to the jogger. Can't imagine any action being taken against a dog/owner for that If the dog had meant to harm the jogger, I'm sure it would have, particularly as the jogger was shouting and waving his arms about, which could have frightened the dog.
Then you need to read up on the DDA , if you feel it is not a big deal

All it take is someone to preserve the dog to be a threat, or feel threatened by the dog for it to come under the DDA act.

A dog does not have to bite to be labeled a dangerous dog!

A sad fact but true.. and WE all should be aware of it
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Not according to the Dangerous Dogs Act:

For the purposes of this Act a dog shall be regarded as dangerously out of control on any occasion on which there are grounds for reasonable apprehension that it will injure any person, whether or not it actually does so, but references to a dog injuring a person or there being grounds for reasonable apprehension that it will do so do not include references to any case in which the dog is being used for a lawful purpose by a constable or a person in the service of the Crown.

Besides, the joggers was probably 'shouting and waving his arms about' because he was of afraid the dog that bolted at him, jumped up and was barking at him, not the other way around!
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Not according to the Dangerous Dogs Act:

For the purposes of this Act a dog shall be regarded as dangerously out of control on any occasion on which there are grounds for reasonable apprehension that it will injure any person, whether or not it actually does so, but references to a dog injuring a person or there being grounds for reasonable apprehension that it will do so do not include references to any case in which the dog is being used for a lawful purpose by a constable or a person in the service of the Crown.

Besides, the joggers was probably 'shouting and waving his arms about' because he was of afraid the dog that bolted at him, jumped up and was barking at him, not the other way around!
I don't think the situation was quite so dire as it's being made out on here. Still, I wasn't there but then again neither was you, so we'll have to let Mum to Many and her Partner make up their minds as to whether the dog could be in trouble with regard to the DDA.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 09:36 PM
I don't think the situation was quite so dire as it's being made out on here. Still, I wasn't there but then again neither was you, so we'll have to let Mum to Many and her Partner make up their minds as to whether the dog could be in trouble with regard to the DDA.
In fairness..it isn't up to any of us is it? It is up to the jogger, their knowldge of the DDA and how far they would want to take it. Sad, but true.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Haha...the situation definitely isn't 'dire'. Luckily for them it sounds as though nothing will come of it. The point people are making is that HAD the jogger chosen to make something of it, the law was on his side. He COULD report them and it would be within his rights to do so. So, simple actions like putting the dog on a lead can prevent it ever happening again.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Some off topic posts have been deleted.

Please keep the thread on topic.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Haha...the situation definitely isn't 'dire'. Luckily for them it sounds as though nothing will come of it. The point people are making is that HAD the jogger chosen to make something of it, the law was on his side. He COULD report them and it would be within his rights to do so. So, simple actions like putting the dog on a lead can prevent it ever happening again.
Well, if the jogger did report it, I pretty much think he'd be wasting his time. If every dog that barked at someone were to get the DDA chucked at them, there'd be half the dogs of the Country in pounds

Anyways, I'm sure Mum to Many knows what to do for the future, having been given some good advice by some on here
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2009, 09:57 PM
Well, if the jogger did report it, I pretty much think he'd be wasting his time. If every dog that barked at someone were to get the DDA chucked at them, there'd be half the dogs of the Country in pounds
Not necessarily.

Besides, the dog didn't just bark...it bolted up, chased the guy, jumped up and then barked aggressively. Big difference.
Page 5 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »