13-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Big gentle hugs to you and your dog.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Big gentle hugs to you and your dog.

Thanks Claire everyone has been so kind.

Elaine xxx
sasmi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-04-2009, 07:20 PM
Sorry to hear about Poppy, I know exactly how you feel. Malachai was attacked by a staffy at the Thame Show yesterday. He was just sitting there while I looked at a stall and the stall holder came past with his staff on a lead and it just went for him, bit him over his eye. Chai was so good and seems ok, but I just get crosser everytime I think of it. Owner was full of the usual 'he's usually so friendly', but then why attack a 7 mth puppy? I'm just glad I hadn't taken the bullie with me and that hubby was over at a different stall! Don't think he'd have been as polite as me! Never had a problem with staffs before.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Oh Elaine, I've only just seen this coz I've been down at the hospital. You poor, poor thing, I know you're shaken up, but it really wasn't your fault, you weren't to know this would happen were you! I just hope Poppy is kind of ok now, and I hope it hasn't traumatised her too much along with yourself, coz it would have done me, that's for sure. I have a friend with a staffie who I meet sometimes on my walk, and I always remember her telling me when she first rescued him,not to let my dogs sniff it's backside, and since then I've seen it attack poor little Sally a very friendly border collie, coz it wanted her ball, and I have to admit, everytime I meet up with him now, although he seems to like Zena, I just let them have a quick sniff and I walk straight past. I can't help it, I know what they can do when they lock on, so I'd just rather he didn't end up playing with my little one in case she upset him being a bit bouncy herself and playful. Did Ben go to protect Poppy at all? Oh this is awful, but try and put it behind you, and keep well blooming clear of that dog in future if you can!! Hugs coming your way, you don't deserve this.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by sasmi View Post
Sorry to hear about Poppy, I know exactly how you feel. Malachai was attacked by a staffy at the Thame Show yesterday. He was just sitting there while I looked at a stall and the stall holder came past with his staff on a lead and it just went for him, bit him over his eye. Chai was so good and seems ok, but I just get crosser everytime I think of it. Owner was full of the usual 'he's usually so friendly', but then why attack a 7 mth puppy? I'm just glad I hadn't taken the bullie with me and that hubby was over at a different stall! Don't think he'd have been as polite as me! Never had a problem with staffs before.
I know I have never had a problem with them but this is 2 staffy's attacking 2 different dogs in the same place in a month.
It's awful isn't it. Ok my 2 were off lead. as was the Staffy, but that patch of grass is like an extension to the house, if you know what I mean. they have played there happily, until today.
Elaine xx
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 07:33 PM
Poor Poppy, hope she's ok now and that you feel better too. Hope she's not put off all other dogs, hopefully it sounds as if she was fine with the ones she saw whilst out with your oh.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 07:35 PM
awe, hope your all feeling a bit better now x
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh Elaine, I've only just seen this coz I've been down at the hospital. You poor, poor thing, I know you're shaken up, but it really wasn't your fault, you weren't to know this would happen were you! I just hope Poppy is kind of ok now, and I hope it hasn't traumatised her too much along with yourself, coz it would have done me, that's for sure. I have a friend with a staffie who I meet sometimes on my walk, and I always remember her telling me when she first rescued him,not to let my dogs sniff it's backside, and since then I've seen it attack poor little Sally a very friendly border collie, coz it wanted her ball, and I have to admit, everytime I meet up with him now, although he seems to like Zena, I just let them have a quick sniff and I walk straight past. I can't help it, I know what they can do when they lock on, so I'd just rather he didn't end up playing with my little one in case she upset him being a bit bouncy herself and playful. Did Ben go to protect Poppy at all? Oh this is awful, but try and put it behind you, and keep well blooming clear of that dog in future if you can!! Hugs coming your way, you don't deserve this.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks Helena,
Poppy seems fine now, I know your a busy lady and you have enough on your plate, without me winging pm's to you Ben went over and just stood there he kept looking at me and looking a Poppy, and crying...bless him, he's no fighter. Hey the falling down water is helping
She is lying with a bloody big bandage on her foot...bless her. I don't want this to turn into a Staffy hate post, because I have seen nice ones too. It's just as you say, once they lock on, they won't let go, and it's the pulling them off that causes so much damage. lucky for Poppy she is not too bad, unlike that poor little Maltese the other week. remember?, different staffy that time but in the same place, You see people use the grass at the back of my bungalow as a dog walk and I suppose they get complacent letting their dogs off etc.
I'm fine and Poppy will be, if not then a quick trip to see Bruce (the vet) not Stephs Bruce, He is coming down and going to whip the staffy's ar*s for picking on his little sister
Elaine xxxx
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Oh Elaine, i've only just seen this hope little poppy is okay, and not affected by it

I know exactly how you feel as Skye was attacked 3 wks ago also by a staff while we were in P@H we were paying at the till, and a woman walked in with two staffs, one being held by her child who was about 5yrs old it took one look at Skye, lunged, pulled the kid flat on his face, and pinned Skye to the groung by her throat the stupid woman was so busy shouting at the kid for letting the lead go i kept calm(don't ask me how!) and asked her to remove her dog to which she said i can't he'll bite me i managed to get him off by lifting his back legs and thankfully Skye was just bruised and not punctured
As a result of being attacked by the staff and previously by a labrador AND a boxer, Skye seems to hate ALL short haired dogs hope your experience doesn't affect Poppy like that

Love & (((hugs))) for you both

Jann
XXXXX
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 08:16 PM
Hope Poppy is feeling better soon.

I wasnt going to post as I not entirely sure what I want to say, and I dont want to take over the thread, but I would just like to address two things:

If both dogs were offlead and had a tiff, although you can ask the neighbour to pay your vet bill, she doesnt have to as the way its seen is neither dog was under control.

The whole deed not breed comment from Boxer Boy, you may say that the breed is responsible for lots of the deeds, but in my experience with my staffie, we have been attacked twice by black labs, and twice by JRt's, so I could say in my experience thats been the breed to avoid for me, but am sure many would disagree with me on that.

It is very upsetting to hear about staffies attacking other dogs but it does happen, just as any other dogs attack others...

I will say though that had it been a full blown attack I think Poppy would have come off a good bit worse, and if she managed to bite the staffie too I think it sounds like fight over the ball rather than an out and out attack for no reason..

However Elaine you having been there would know better than me. But it may be worth trying to re introduce the dogs with no food or toys in the way !!! Has she previously had any problems with the dog??

Hugs to poppy,
dani
Page 5 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »