View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 04:25 PM

Poppy has been bitten by a Staffy - (Updated @ post 124)

We had Ben and Poppy on the back throwing the frizbee, and my neibough let her Staff out with her ball. I though "Oh well Poppy is focused on Ben" neigbour threw the ball and poppy did her usual, bark "Get away" and the Staff went for her, so she went back Ended up with the Staff grabbing her back side, she got a nip in on her nose but the Staff would not let go.
I am sitting here crying my eyes out because I feel it is my fault. She has a few puncture wounds on her right back leg.. I don't care what anyone says I do not trust Staffs anymore
she must have thought Oh well I will just chase her off, because I think she thinks that the back of our house is part of her territory.

I feel sick
Elaine xx
I have some lovely photos too of her and Ben with the frizbee. Will post them later when I have stopped shaking
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Awww...sorry to hear this Elaine. xxxxx
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Hugs to you Elaine... sadly the same breed of dog has been responsible for attacking my dogs.. (when babies) on 3 occasions. I think it has a lot to do with their dog aggression now.
smileyfaces=]
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-04-2009, 04:35 PM
oh dear, i would get her to the vet to dress it or at least have a look...
staffs, well, i blame the owner. same with many dogs, bad owner= bad dog. i cant judge luckily my dog has never been bitten/attacked by a staff or any dog.
i hope shes alright and you are too, have a hot chocolate and get your mind off things xxxx
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this. Poor Poppy! Poor you! I've been exactly the same when mine have been attacked before. Takes hours to calm down from it. Poppy sounds like she will be fine but I'd pop her to the Vet in the morning to have her checked out and maybe some ABs if the punctures look a bit "iffy." Try to relax. Hugs from me and the Chis
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 04:43 PM
aww bless her. hope she is ok.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Awww...sorry to hear this Elaine. xxxxx
It was such a shock Jackie, That's 2 different Staffs in the same place now.

Originally Posted by janie View Post
Hugs to you Elaine... sadly the same breed of dog has been responsible for attacking my dogs.. (when babies) on 3 occasions. I think it has a lot to do with their dog aggression now.
I did go round to see the Staff and her owner, said Staff has a bite on her nose

Originally Posted by smileyfaces=] View Post
oh dear, i would get her to the vet to dress it or at least have a look...

staffs, well, i blame the owner. same with many dogs, bad owner= bad dog. i cant judge luckily my dog has never been bitten/attacked by a staff or any dog.
i hope shes alright and you are too, have a hot chocolate and get your mind off things xxxx
Yea will do, There is a puncture wound on her pad and one on the front of her paw. I hope it is not 1 puncture gone all the way through, she's not limping and has eaten her dinner. Just lying on her bed at the moment.
Elaine
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this. Poor Poppy! Poor you! I've been exactly the same when mine have been attacked before. Takes hours to calm down from it. Poppy sounds like she will be fine but I'd pop her to the Vet in the morning to have her checked out and maybe some ABs if the punctures look a bit "iffy." Try to relax. Hugs from me and the Chis
Thanks Frannie, it was such a shock, am still shaking and feel sick. Off to the vet in the morning.

Originally Posted by valandra View Post
aww bless her. hope she is ok.
thanks Daisy, I think she will be, it is me that is shocked.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 04:49 PM
sorry to read this elaine .poppy so tiny x big cyber hug ,take her to vets i would
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2009, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by queenwillow View Post
sorry to read this elaine .poppy so tiny x big cyber hug ,take her to vets i would
Thanks Tracey, yea will do. It was such a shock, it's like your baby you know. I feel so sick to my stomach.
Elaine x
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »