View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2009, 09:28 PM
lol I did a 280 mile round trip to go to a vet that sedates rather than giving GA to xray, that I had recommended to me lol its worth the effort IMO.

Mo
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-02-2009, 10:34 PM
Just noticed Mo you arent far from me, I presume you go down south , Southampton, I travel to Out Rawcliffe near Preston for the vet I use, he does mainly working gundogs. The one near crewe I wouldnt use.
Pam
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2009, 08:00 AM
Originally Posted by wildmoor View Post
Just noticed Mo you arent far from me, I presume you go down south , Southampton, I travel to Out Rawcliffe near Preston for the vet I use, he does mainly working gundogs. The one near crewe I wouldnt use.
Pam
lol its a vet in boston Lincolnshire I went to, he was spot on my friend works with him as a snr vet nurse.

Mo
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-03-2009, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Humm....I have just quite happily travelled 100 miles for a consultation with a vet who knows what he is talking about....for a one off thing like hip scoring, if I had to, I would happily travel at least twice as far.

In my case, that includes two ferry trips in a wheelchair and several overnight stays, one-off thing or not, and it would be twice as far, on top of that.

Snorri
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
In my case, that includes two ferry trips in a wheelchair and several overnight stays, one-off thing or not, and it would be twice as far, on top of that.

Snorri
So you wouldn't hip score if you were going to breed?
terrysibe
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-03-2009, 05:35 PM
In that case don't breed
FULL STOP
Terry
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-03-2009, 07:24 PM
Had no intention of doing so. This place is rotten with Border Collies, as it is - you couldn't GIVE them away! (None with any sort of testing).

Snorri
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
Had no intention of doing so. This place is rotten with Border Collies, as it is - you couldn't GIVE them away! (None with any sort of testing).

Snorri
You would have a problem as both yours are dogs Snorri

Big no no from me too. Jessie has poor hips but you cannot tell from just looking at her. She's in season right now & her brother(from the next litter)is trying his best to "deflower her"I'm obviously never leaving them alone together at any time, Joedee(cavalier)stopped eating for 2 1/2 day last week & Rjj is totally bemused by all the other boys interest in her, his Suprelorin implant is obviously working well. None of the boys are left alone with her in any case & at least now I can book her in to be spayed(especially as she is having a silent season-just like her mum did)
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Noexcuse as far as I'm concerned...if you cant afford the tests you cant afford to breed!
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-03-2009, 01:57 PM
Ok, slightly off kilter but relevant to the original question.

When does it become the "norm" to hip score a particular breed and who makes the decision that it should become if not mandatory then at least accepted practice?
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >