View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sandgrubber
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-12-2014, 01:42 AM
You have one lucky dog! Beautiful dog house.
Not sure what tether-tug thing you have in mind. You can concrete a pole into the ground and mount a tetherball on it. Or you can improvise by taking something like a plastic milk jug and hanging it from a pole. Many dogs love tetherballs, but you need to either get a very tough one or get one that's so big he can't get his teeth into it. I don't think a jolly ball would work . . . dogs are good at tearing the handles off them, and pits are strong.

Google dog and tetherball and you'll find several video clips.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-12-2014, 10:16 AM
Looks like a nice house for your dog. Also sounds like you're aware of gas fire regulations if I read it right and the heating is gas. These fires give off carbon monoxide which must be vented correctly.

Try to keep him socilaised when ever possible, dogs love company and can get very lonely on their own. That's when they start chewing things and do other damage.

You have certainly put a lot of thought and time into building this house.
Mr.Bulldog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-12-2014, 10:32 AM
Good christ, dont let mine see this they just have two double blocks. I suppose when you sell the house it could be considered a viable summerhouse. That hound is lucky to have you guys!

He's an interesting looking dog any ideas on his parentage?
cfaith
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-12-2014, 01:49 PM
Hi, thank you! My boyfriend builds houses and supervises a fireplace and insulation warehouse. He did all the fresh air intake and regulator work on it...I too was worried about carbon monoxide. The fireplace has a thing on it that if the oxygen level goes lower than it should in there, it will shut everything down.
We go in and snuggle/play with him about 4 times a day. He still goes on car ride and quick errand trips with us. And he has doggy friends at the park. The big reason for the couch was more so I had a place to go sit with him and snuggle like we did before.
cfaith
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-12-2014, 01:57 PM
Mr. Bulldog....not sure what he's mixed with. Shelter I adopted him from thought he was Pit/Dalmation mix. I'm assuming because he has spotted ears. But his spotted ears and personality/energy to me seems more in line with a border collie or some kind of cattle dog. He's huge on RUNNING, RUNNING, and more RUNNING. (I bought him a treadmill at one point) I previously lived on a cattle farm and his prey drive for the cattle was insane. He would just run circles around them for hours. No joke, picked a fight with the bull for probably 2 hours. I was having a heart attack. He normally listens well, but when he's on the cattle, nobody else exists to him.

I see pit in his face...but his butt to me is cattle dog. lol, I know that sounds weird.
Mr.Bulldog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-12-2014, 04:33 PM
Yes I'd not argue with BC or similar particularly in his front facing pic, but he's unusually high on the leg as well wonder where he got that.

Well one thing we can be sure of is he's a lucky dog, I assume he's accepted the house well enough
cfaith
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-12-2014, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by Mr.Bulldog View Post
Yes I'd not argue with BC or similar particularly in his front facing pic, but he's unusually high on the leg as well wonder where he got that.

Well one thing we can be sure of is he's a lucky dog, I assume he's accepted the house well enough
If he has American bulldog in him, would he be higher in the leg like that? As much as I'm all for adopting from shelters and rescues...you just never know what you got. They said he was found tied to a tree in some guy's backyard and was taken to the pound with his "yard friend"...who was an American bulldog...so maybe he's not even pit as they labeled him? Maybe he's pit/bulldog/bc mix?

I don't care either way what he is, he's the sweetest dam thing and has quite the personality. And yes, he seems to really love his house...especially his all access yard and porch.
Mr.Bulldog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-12-2014, 05:48 PM
Generally speaking its not a shape I'd associate with the AB but considering people have added everything from coonhound to catahoula cur to some lines of the breed god knows what could come out lol.
CuteRotts
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-12-2014, 10:16 PM
Your dog-house is awesome!!
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5