Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2017, 06:47 AM

Daily Thread Thursday 12th January

Good morning everyone

Good for your Griff at least you got out but dont go over doing it too quickly.

Fingers crossed the car is suitable for Garden on Saturday Lynn. You won't know the place once Mark has finished doing his bit. Hopefully this will give you the incentive to crack on and get the place on the market. Hugs. Do hope Joel is ok and not trying to do too much and just concentrating on getting better.

You rest Eileen that will be the day

Another early start just one more day this week to go. It looks like Saturday we are tile and Lino buying also so a busy day ahead.

Having popped my head out of the door it is still dry but the forecast is looking very wet indeed from mid morning on.

Take care and stay safe and warm and above all dry. Hope all those poorlies are well on the way to a recovery
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2017, 07:43 AM
Good morning all, very dark again this morning. Well done Griff, but take it easy don't go over doing things.

June, at least your girls got something of a walk yesterday.

Lynn, fingers crossed that the car the garage has found for Gorden is going to suit you both. I also hope Gill is feeling brighter and Joel is not over doing things on his crutches.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2017, 08:39 AM
Morning Sue and Moyra and all to follow.

Dry and looking cold out here today. Weather warning for Stanstead and Cambridge. Flights being reduced in anticipation of snow at Stanstead.
Take care if it rains it is meant to freeze as temperatures drop drastically.

Good luck with the rest of the shopping Sue.
Eileen good to see you even we weren't around. I expect although nice to have people popping in all the time some days you could just do with sitting with your thoughts and memories. Hugs.
griff don't go overdoing it today because you managed to get out yesterday. Years ago it was said it takes longer to recover from flu than actually having it.
Same sentiments to you June.
LG hope you and the Mem are on the road to recovery.

Fingers crossed for the car yes hoping to hear it will be ready for the weekend today or tomorrow hire car got to go back by Monday.

Mark doing more work today sanding down the joints he has filled. me not sure there will be any point doing housework so maybe reading or tele and hopping on and off here.

Take care all and hope everyone is well and all four legged friends.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2017, 10:11 AM
Heavy rain here and cold. Snow is forecast, won't stick though, then back to rain and snow forecast tonight. Am staying where I am, there's nothing I need to go out for. Thank goodness I got the girls out for a while yesterday. Tomorrow is dry so they can have a bit of an outing.
Still coughing,no more sneezing or nose blowing.
Will change the heat bulb in the big house to one of the new ones as I buy black bulbs now, 90% of what they emit is heat. The spare that is in at the moment is a red one.
Think maybe some of my G.O.T CD's will be watched today.
No Offence is back on Channel 4, was watching Midsummer Murders and then watched No Offence on +4, so I missed Eileen.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-01-2017, 01:44 PM
Good day everyone - grey and grim here today and more than a little soggy. We are bracing ourselves for the forecasted snow/thunder or whatever it is the met office has in store for us!!!
Both the Mem and I are on the improve now and feeling a good deal better, thanks to all who sent their good wishes.
Both DC and Tess are now in season - Fagin, as ever, is pining - possibly for the Fjords (Monty Python parrot sketch apologies! lol !) but far more likely he is after a bit of the other - and it ain't going to happen!!!
Hope all are now well on the way to recovering from the lurgy and that the weather is kind to folks and their canine companions, see you later, bye fer now.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2017, 02:51 PM
Oh noooo LG, its bad enough with PMT City here, a lovelorn male would just about put the tin hat on it Very soggy and cold here, no snow, I understand the M62 Milnrow area is snowbound though, so you could be by now. Glad you're both feeling better, we need a bit of decent weather now don't we
Off outside to do beds, change heat bulbs and dish out some pony carrots to the girls to keep them from starvation level before their tea, which is tuna, steamed grated veg, cottage cheese and yogurt, possibly an apple or maybe a pear for afters. They have still got their bones from last night on the go, which gives me the opportunity clear out all the old ones they are storing that I discover every day when I refresh their bedding
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2017, 04:41 PM
just nipped in, will try and catch up in a bit, if any of you are on that social media site, if you put in The Veterinary Centre you will see a post about my deags...you can see her xrays too...their page has a collie on it
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2017, 05:14 PM
Oh my gosh griff is it the long piece of thin looking wire about 5 inches long ?

Mark sanded down all the joins he filled over yesterday and is now doing the trim on the kitchen side of the door.
No papering today he is a bit of a perfectionist so it all has to fit exactly right. He may get the alcove papered tomorrow.

Raining here now and feeling cold.

Hi LG glad you and the mem seem to be on the mend and sorry about all the hormones flying about.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2017, 05:43 PM
Snowing like mad here now. Lynn it's all progress all be it slow! Mark will do a good job.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2017, 06:10 PM
Snowing in Harlow to according to Lauren Mark's girlfriend.
Just raining here and getting cold.

Yes he will Moyra. He is pasting a piece of wall where the paper is going to make sure it will stick to the plasterboard and joining tape and plaster he has done before papering proper.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »