Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-03-2007, 09:30 PM

Something happened today....

Hello everyone,

I had a great moment earlier on today, I was taking Blackie for a walk, when I opened the door here is three girls about 7 years old, passing the gate, one of them called of Blackie and he shot out to greet them. They asked if they could open the garden gate, which I said yes, so the were on there hands and knees talking and cuddling Blackie, then one of them looked up and said "When did you have your other leg amputated?" I thought they were so grown up about it. I told them and one of the girls says "And you are able to walk on it already!" It was so nice in this world of badness.

It lifted my spirit's I'll tell you.

Ian
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-03-2007, 09:56 PM
thats great ian, not all kids are monsters, some are still brought up in this world.
which is nice to see for a change.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-03-2007, 10:27 PM
Kids are so direct aren't they, and that is exactly what you need at the moment, to be able to talk openly about it.
Hope you are beginning to feel better in yourself now, it has been a lovely day today and when the sun is shining things always seem to look better don't they.
Take care.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2007, 10:35 PM
Kids are so honest and direct, nice for them to have a understanding of what you have been through too!
Wishing you and Blackie well x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2007, 05:28 AM
Walking on it already Ian? That's fantastic news - and yes, I agree, some kids are just lovely
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2007, 06:33 AM
Well I have to agree, it is pretty amazing that you're out and about on it already! You've done so well As for those kids, I know we all moan about the loutish ones, but there really are a lot of diamonds about - it's nice to hear about them for a change.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2007, 06:47 AM
good to hear things are going well Ian. I agree about the kids though, there are so many wonderful kids and we only hear about the bad ones.